Investment gurus..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment gurus..

Any clue why gold/silver are not rising with inflation?

Has there ever been inflation this high where precious metals don't rise?

In 2008 when we started printing money (900 Billion I think) Silver went up 400% by 2010. I don't remember inflation being very bad back then but I do remember some.

Now we "print" 26 trillion and inflation is a ton higher. This mess started at the start of 2020 and silver was around $17 Now it's around $21

Hmmmm.....good time to pad my holdings.

Comment

Probably not a big enough demand to drive it up. Lots of people using crypto instead to hedge and that takes away from metal buying IMO

Comment

I do a quite a bit of swing stock trading on the side and SLV has produced a return of 14% in the past 5yrs whereas Apple has returned 417% Tesla has returned 1766% and Facebook 170% in the same time period. Miners and precious metals dont trade technically that well and there are much better places to put your money to invest.

Comment

I have a good friend that is an investment guru, who is in his mid 60's, that just dumped all of his gold because and silver because he has heard/read that precious metals will soon be dropping in value.. Who knows anymore..... We are in very different times than ever before.

Comment

I received this earlier today:
            Facts for the week beginning September 20, 2021:

Fact #1: Inflation, as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), was up +5.3% over the 1-year period ending 8/31/21. The last year when inflation was up at least +5% was 1990 or 31 years ago (source: Department of Labor).

Fact #2: With just the month of September yet to be counted in fiscal year 2021, the government has taken in $3.59 trillion of tax receipts while spending $6.30 trillion, netting to a $2.71 trillion budget deficit.

Commentary: Fact #1 is a direct consequence of Fact #2. Government deficits are financed through debt issuance and at these rates, the only buyer is the Fed. This is likely to drive inflation into higher than historical averages for the near future, allowing equities and real assets to demand higher prices while bonds continue to lag behind.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Probably not a big enough demand to drive it up. Lots of people using crypto instead to hedge and that takes away from metal buying IMO
              my very inexperienced opinion is crypto as well.

Comment

CPI is a joke when it comes to measuring inflation. CPI X 3 would be more realistic.

Comment

Working...
                X