Richland WMA - Teal Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richland WMA - Teal Hunt

We got drawn for this coming weekend 9/24-9/26. I have hunted this place in previous years when Teal season was first come first serve and done alright, big duck has always been good to me here, can count on one hand how many times we didnt limit out. Sure not gonna miss all the nascar racing in to the spots now that its draw only though.

Did any one draw this hunt for the first 2 weekends of teal? looking for some reports on how the birds were flying...

I draw it the first four days. Hunted compartment number 6. It was covered up 4 on the first day and a limit the second. Worked 3rd day. 4 th day had 5 and one wounded I could find so I stopped on that note. Heard from another hunter that this last weekend was pretty good as well and that they saw more on Tuesday before the cold front then any day of there hunt

Comment

I hunted first weekend as well, north side of compartment 11. It was my first solo waterfowl hunt and was able to bring home four the first day and three the second. Monday morning like Rivershack said was work; less birds flying and I had to be back up in Dallas for a meeting so called it early.

Awesome hunt, and tons of wildlife there to watch in between waves of teal.

Comment

Working...
      X