Wow!! Awesome palmation!

Comment

What were the mass measurements on that freak

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
          Found these today. 3 yr old
          Straight up Bullwinkle Right there

Comment

My goodness Rusty! Wonder what that 3 yr old will look like in 2-3 years!!??

Comment

Wow

Comment

Impressive stuff!

Are they eating more in the food plots now or at the protein feeders.....or can you tell?

Comment

Wow! whats his name, Bullwinkle?! Great young deer, I cantell even begin to imagine what he'll look like in a few years. awesome

Comment

I love a good farm

Comment

thread deserves another bump

simply amazing Mr. Rusty

Comment

Just spent the better part of 2 hrs reading the entire thread! I couldn't stop reading, very impressive farm. Then you see the deer, unbelievable! Great work sir, looking forward to seeing more sheds and updates for '15!

Comment

Here is one of the typical food plots rotations on the farm now. You see wheat, rye, a little crimson clover, durana, arrow leaf clover, red clover, daikon radishes [ blooming ] and chicory. I added the arrow leaf this fall and if it does as planned I won't mow this till ~ July when the arrow leaf is finished. Come Sept. I'll replant the small grains and radishes and the cycle repeats.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff Rusty.

I planted radishes one year and could not believe how quickly they start bolting in the spring.

Curious if you ever mow the tall stuff to "release" your clover?

Comment

I might if I could. Spring here tends to be to wet to mow the radishes so I let them go. The arrow leaf competes very effectively with anything in the mix. If the stand is weak I will mow to release the other clovers but probably after the small grain seed heads are eaten.

Comment

Thanks.

My rye is just now starting to get tall in places and I usually mow once early to let my durana clover catch up. I may just let it go this year since the rye will terminate itself by late April.

Comment

Working...
                                X