Tree House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll say it.
    That's not a tree house, It's a Texas deer stand!
    Nice job Dad!

Comment

How is the kneebrace connected to the tree? You have peaked my interest and I am hoping my wife does not see this.

Comment

^^^

Check out the link below. This will likely explain it better than I can.

Comment

well done!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Good idea, looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                  For the ladder into the tree house I made a ships ladder using 2x12x14 and 2x6 for treads. I had fun building this monster.

[ATTACH]1058582[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1058583[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1058584[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1058585[/ATTACH]

Now that the ladder is installed and I put a cap on the rail, I’m calling it 95% complete and opened it up for the girls to play without supervision. I know I’ll be doing a few knick-knacks here and there for them. For instance, I may add a pair of swings underneath.

[ATTACH]1058589[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1058588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1058586[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1058587[/ATTACH]

I still intend to install a firemen’s pole. You can see the hole I’ve left in the railing on the right hand side. We’ve simply ran some rope through the opening in the rail for now until I can get together what I need to put the pole in place.

Mom and the girls decorated the interior.
                  [ATTACH]1058590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1058591[/ATTACH]

I’ve had fun building this. I wish it went together as quick as these post would indicate. The idea to use the tractor came in March and I just finished the ladder roughly 3 weeks ago. As always, I learned quite a bit along the way and added a few tools to the tool box.

Thank goodness my little ones didn’t walk in and see these pics. Else I would have been having to build one for them!

Comment

Working...
                  X