No announcement yet.

ugly annealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good analysis here on affects of annealing on seating pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
      Good analysis here on affects of annealing on seating pressure.

http://youtu.be/TqJZdNgRHuo
      i loaded a batch of 308 after annealing and you can close your eyes and feel... they all seat with the same pressure!

i swapped out the lower wheel and annealed a bunch of blackouts .. these will definitely show improvement i think considering the form brass is below the anneal mark to begin with

so far i'm really impressed with the machine , i got a new torch with pencil flame and mounted it permanent ..

i'm pretty happy with my purchase !

i shot some 308's this weekend and had really good results , except i loaded them too hot and had pressure signs so i stopped ... apparently the sierra book for 175 smk and the hodgdon online load data are way different .. the sierra max is less than the hodgdon start ... i backed off a couple of grains and will try again this weekend ..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I went all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Good choice Mike, you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
          Good choice Mike, you'll like it.
          $1400 and you have to feed it one case at a time ??? no thanks!

i'm sure it's nice .. but ain't nobody got time for that ...

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            i loaded a batch of 308 after annealing and you can close your eyes and feel... they all seat with the same pressure!

i swapped out the lower wheel and annealed a bunch of blackouts .. these will definitely show improvement i think considering the form brass is below the anneal mark to begin with

so far i'm really impressed with the machine , i got a new torch with pencil flame and mounted it permanent ..

i'm pretty happy with my purchase !

i shot some 308's this weekend and had really good results , except i loaded them too hot and had pressure signs so i stopped ... apparently the sierra book for 175 smk and the hodgdon online load data are way different .. the sierra max is less than the hodgdon start ... i backed off a couple of grains and will try again this weekend ..
            42.8 grs of IMR 4064 Fed GMM primer has been my most accurate load with the 175 SMK. Using Alpha Munitions brass loaded 4 times with no additional annealing.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Dang it! I'm still using a pan of water and a bernz o matic torch. He who dies with the most toys wins so now I know what I gotta do.
              Yeah...I got one too but just don't need to anneal much any more. Only thing I would do different is maybe have the ugly dropping them into water for simply peace of mind.

Especially for the shorties...I always tipped mine over into the pan after heating.

Comment

What torch did you decide to go with? Do you plan to anneal after every firing on r after every X firings?

Comment

ugly annealer

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  $1400 and you have to feed it one case at a time ??? no thanks!

i'm sure it's nice .. but ain't nobody got time for that ...

I guarantee it’s as fast or faster than any flame annealer and if you’re just that lazy you can get an auto feeder attachment for it. It takes less than 3 seconds per case average on 308 size cases.

If there is one dislike I have it’s sacrificing a case every time you anneal a batch. But by doing so it’s annealing those cases as perfect as you can get to reach the ideal amount every time. I can tell you different cases require different amount of annealing to get it right. You can’t just assume one setting for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Mike D; 09-14-2021, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                    What torch did you decide to go with? Do you plan to anneal after every firing on r after every X firings?
                    i put a bernzomatic ul2317 .. got it on amazon, and it fits perfect and has a nice narrow blue pencil flame.

i started a discard pile when i shoot, so i'll probably just run a batch when i have enough , every time

Comment

Working...
                    X