Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Question
    Can you guys ride e bikes on public land?

Comment

Lost track of the thread a bit, but last time as was out at the property looking for hogs, I brought the bike to try to ride it abit (in hopes of drawing something this year from TPWD).

Last I drew Hagerman and this was the setup (sans the bowholder) I used. @cashcropper, i made a video showing the hookup...its pretty simple...just a bike rack from Walmart, a gate clamp from Lowes and a pin from Harbor Freight...hooks up in seconds as you can see in the video....

@warrington you are right...if you buy a set of pins from harbor freight, you can also use 2 of them to hold the cart open so isn't constantly springing open while riding...

Comment

Nice

Comment

Building My Public Land Bike

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
          Lost track of the thread a bit, but last time as was out at the property looking for hogs, I brought the bike to try to ride it abit (in hopes of drawing something this year from TPWD).

Last I drew Hagerman and this was the setup (sans the bowholder) I used. @cashcropper, i made a video showing the hookup...its pretty simple...just a bike rack from Walmart, a gate clamp from Lowes and a pin from Harbor Freight...hooks up in seconds as you can see in the video....

@warrington you are right...if you buy a set of pins from harbor freight, you can also use 2 of them to hold the cart open so isn't constantly springing open while riding...

I like the bike, I keep going back and forth on rigging out a bike too… but the last couple times I tried to use the bike for scouting/hanging cameras on public land, I almost killed myself. Apparently, biking and hiking are two entirely different kinds of conditioning shape…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
            I like the bike, I keep going back and forth on rigging out a bike too… but the last couple times I tried to use the bike for scouting/hanging cameras on public land, I almost killed myself. Apparently, biking and hiking are two entirely different kinds of conditioning shape…

HAHA...yeah, when we took off on stand hanging day, I had the same realization...

I'm convinced the e-bike folks are missing out on some Type II fun...

Comment

That things sweet!

Comment

Has anyone had any issues with their bikes/gear messed with while on Hagerman?

Comment

Some folks lock them up, but I just pull mine off the road and ditch it in the woods when scouting...during the hunt, everyone was very respectful of other's stuff

Comment

Awesome set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Cooksey View Post
                      Has anyone had any issues with their bikes/gear messed with while on Hagerman?

I Turkey hunted Hag in 2019 via bike. Had no issues there leaving the bike on the side of the road while chasing birds.

Comment

Sweet set up!

Comment

Pretty cool rig! Haulin in a full loud must be a workout!

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Thanks folks...yes, it is definitely a workout when its loaded down! Calves will be burning!

Comment

Working...
                              X