No announcement yet.

Automatic powder charge dispensers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the RCBS Chargemaster as well. It is slow particularly if you are trying to get precise loads. I loaded 40 or so rounds a few weeks ago and I bet it dispensed 80 times. I am constantly having to pour the powder back in and re dispense as it would go a grain or two over.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
      I use the RCBS Chargemaster as well. It is slow particularly if you are trying to get precise loads. I loaded 40 or so rounds a few weeks ago and I bet it dispensed 80 times. I am constantly having to pour the powder back in and re dispense as it would go a grain or two over.
      Just do the hack and re programming I posted links to. Post #6. Add the plastic straw bushing too. Google it! The mods will cut the throw time in half or faster and be much more precise.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        RCBS Chargemaster is a good product. It can also be programmed to throw a lot faster than default settings. Works best when set on a solid perfectly level surface and calibrated before each use. Also turn it on and let it warm up a few minutes before throwing a charge. Adding the dairy queen straw bushing inside the outlet of the throw tube keeps it from overthrowing at the last tenth of a grain. Plenty of info on re programming and adding the bushing on youtube.
        I'm not sure how old mine is but I'm pretty sure I've had it more than 20 years.
        Thousands of rounds and still accurate to the exact charge I input.
        This ! There’s a guy on the THF who turns out brass bushings to take the place of the soda straw. It makes a good machine even better. I almost always weigh each charge after the Chargemaster throws them, but I’m OCD that way for rifle rounds. My plinking stuff for revolvers I might weigh every tenth charge. It’s always on.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Just do the hack and re programming I posted links to. Post #6. Add the plastic straw bushing too. Google it! The mods will cut the throw time in half or faster and be much more precise.
          Good stuff, appreciate the info muzzlebrake!

Comment

Working...
          X