What do you guys and gals think? Legal issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys and gals think? Legal issue

So my oldest daughter got her fingers slammed in a door at school in January. The area she was in is “new construction” as in the building was built within the last year.

The day it happened, my wife wanted me to meet her at the ER, but as I left work to head up there, I decided to head to the school to look at the door in question(before the school could fix it, and tell me I was full of crap.

I’ve been in commercial construction for the past 16 years and had a feeling that the door closer was not set correctly, and I was right. The door slams in 2 seconds.
    (I have a video if someone can help me post it)

My issue, I can’t get the school to take any responsibility, and I can’t find a lawyer to take the case. It is negligent on the school in my opinion, but I’m out 3 grand as of now and no one will take any responsibility and I’m getting very frustrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If an attorney does not want to take the case there is a reason.

Comment

I think that a "graphic photo" warning would've been nice. Jeez.

Comment

My bad mike! The bone in her ring finger is currently floating... we were worried she was going to lose the tip of that finger

Comment

I have no idea, but I feel for her. That had to hurt!

Comment

I thought you were just supposed to cuss a lot when you slam your fingers in the door, not file a lawsuit.

Looks like it hurt like a mofo, hope she’s getting healed up.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your daughters accident and hopefully it heals up correctly.
                I am not a lawyer by no means but I think there is a fine line on suing a school district in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                  My bad mike! The bone in her ring finger is currently floating... we were worried she was going to lose the tip of that finger
                  I feel your pain. My daughter had something very similar happen when she was little. Got her wedding ring finger caught in the hinge side of an 8' solid core door in a commercial building. Peeled the finger tip right off the bone, immediately behind the finger nail. The finger tip was left hanging by a small thread of skin on the underside of the finger tip. Plastic surgeon at Children's Hospital in Dallas did a remarkable job. She's 29 now. If you didn't know what had happened, you'd never know it. Hoping for the best for your daughter.
                  Last edited by mikemorvan; 03-07-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Sue the construction company then.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by CP121 View Post
                      I thought you were just supposed to cuss a lot when you slam your fingers in the door, not file a lawsuit.

The door slammed into her, as it was self closing... teenagers are really dumb, and had I not seen the door slam with my own eyes, I would probably of told her “bet you won’t do that again”

This a k-12 school, imagine if this had been a 5 year old kindergartener and not a high school sophomore

Comment

File it yourself in jp court. Up to $10K max I believe.

Comment

Your wife was rushing your daughter to the ER, and you first went by the school before going to the ER to make sure your daughter was okay? Did I read that right?

Comment

Originally posted by CP121 View Post

Ditto on the above. I don't see the need to sue someone over this. There is to much of this thought process today, JMO. I hope she gets better soon

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Your wife was rushing your daughter to the ER, and you first went by the school before going to the ER to make sure your daughter was okay? Did I read that right?
                              They were already at the ER waiting, and knowing (I’m my head at least) that the door closer was faulty, you absolutely read that correctly! Knowing how easy it is to adjust a closer the school could have easily fixed the issue in 20 minutes and told me or my daughter that she was full of crap.

But as most of your posts, thanks for your input as always burnadell 🤦*♂️

Comment

Working...
                              X