Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting Up Blinds and Feeders..... (small rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Up Blinds and Feeders..... (small rant)

Every year, last two weeks of bow season I see other people setting up blinds and feeders the last two weeks of deer season, sometimes on opening weekend of rifle.

On my lease we have a rule. No setting up after the end of August. Don't have your stuff out, well you can hunt leaning against a tree.

I saw at least 10 people pulling trailers with blinds and feeders Friday near jJacksboro. 9am on Saturday I could hear multiple chainsaws in the distance.

Why can't people do this when its not deer season? Yes archery season is deer season.

I'll be setting mine up in about 3 weeks. Hard to do it when your working 1200 miles away. If you pay for my spot.....I'll consider your whining

Comment

Because it’s cooler out now. Maybe they don’t hunt until December. I’ve set stuff up all year.

Comment

Why do you care when others set their stuff up?

Comment

If it's not on your place why does it bother you? You sound like the type that's more worried about what's going on at your neighbors house then your own.

Comment

I have determined that the majority of things that people think bother deer really only bother humans

I set up a stand yesterday at a feeder and the feeder went off while I was setting it up
            Headed back out later after lunch to trim some limbs with the pole saw
            Bet I have pigs and deer on camera shortly

Of course I own my place so I can do what I want, when I want and not worry about anybody else stressing or giving me flack about it

FYI I have watched deer feed in an open field while my neighbors shot a bunch of rounds with some tannerite in the mix
            Didn’t bother the deer that I could tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

tiny violin

If they are not on your place what the hell difference does it make?

Might even help you while bow hunting. Surely they are pushing deer around

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                I have determined that the majority of things that people think bother deer really only bother humans

I set up a stand yesterday at a feeder and the feeder went off while I was setting it up
                Headed back out later after lunch to trim some limbs with the pole saw
                Bet I have pigs and deer on camera shortly

Of course I own my place so I can do what I want, when I want and not worry about anybody else stressing or giving me flack about it

FYI I have watched deer feed in an open field while my neighbors shot a bunch of rounds with some tannerite in the mix
                Didn’t bother the deer that I could tell

Your exactly correct. I got half price on my lease this year because the land owner got a grant to cut cedar. I went out yesterday to see the progress and gather stuff for Colorado in 10 days. I walked around with in 200 yds of the huge machine working and saw 15 deer

Comment

those lil spikes....so adorable

Comment

Gemlin, I see it too it does seem strange thought maybe just got lease late
                    or maybe don’t feed year round never know

Comment

Gemlin,
                      Welcome to a public forum hope these guys don’t run you off
                      Comments always welcome, keep hunt’n

Comment

They not going to run me off. They have the right to speak their mind. Some of those who posted complained when a neighbor put a feeder/stand on a fence line (even when its located not on their lease/land)

Comment

I hang stands l season depending on where the bucks are moving. In East Texas that changes all the time and you have to hunt them where they are.

Comment

heading out this weekend to set a couple up myself. gonna run a chainsaw and cut some wood also.

Comment

Most people don't bow hunt. Rifle season begins in 2 weeks. Plenty of time to to get set up and get ready. I will be topping off feeders and and doing a few other things 3-4 days before the gun season starts.

Comment

Working...
                              X