Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reloading for a Browning A Bolt 7mm rem mag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neck- DRT! It all goes back to shot placement!

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
      70 grains H 1000, berger 168 grain VLD bullets, why shoot a big gun with little bullets. Heavier bullets, are better in the wind and for longer range. More energy down range and 3k fps with a 168 is plenty fast.
      Bingo. My Sendero loves 160gr Speer bullets. Shoots 2900fps+ clover leafs.. It's a hammer.

I shoot the light weight stuff in my 7mm08.
      Last edited by PondPopper; 12-03-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        He doesn’t have the twist to stabilize the bigger bullets
        His twist rate is fine for 168's, 175 and heavier would require 1-8.5 or 1-8.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Try the 140 grain Sierra GameKing, it won’t blow up. I load them for my .280 Rem and I’ve yet to recover a bullet and I shoot my deer in the high shoulder. I don’t care for them running either.
          Sierra bullets have always been more accurate out of my guns with very little work. When I try a premium bullets them seem to be very picky.

Comment

I don't have my load data handy to share but I have a first year released ABolt Stalker in 7 mm Rem Mag and shoot 160 gr Accubonds and 160 gr Partitions and the secret to getting a 1/2" shooter was getting the bullet sitting as close to the lands as possible. I use IMR 4831, Federal Gold Metal Match Magnum Rifle primers and brass is Norma, Nosler or Federal Premium. When I start out using the reloading manual OAL they were 1.5-2" shooters. I build and develop load with my gun in a shooting vice. I can't shoot nearly as good as my loads will. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
              I want a bullet that will blow through a 250 LBS deer from 50 yards out to 500 yards. I've been having problems with the 139gr bullet not exiting. I hunt in Mexico and no exit in all that brush isn't a good thing when they run off.
              Then you need to be looking at Barnes bullets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
                  I want a bullet that will blow through a 250 LBS deer from 50 yards out to 500 yards. I've been having problems with the 139gr bullet not exiting. I hunt in Mexico and no exit in all that brush isn't a good thing when they run off.

Just remember this, a bullet that blows through is dumping less energy into the animal. The ideal, perfect world scenario is that the bullet just “pops” out the other side which means it dumped as much energy as it could and still have enough to exit. I’d agree with the above statements, a 140g is a good weight just use a better bullet. You will find that a lot of the Accubonds will definitely exit but they will be carrying more energy when they do, less energy dumped into the animal. I’d load up some Sierra gamekings or pro hunters to try first before I went to the bonded bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X