This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    Uhhhh HC/OC/DC I mean I don’t recall stating beyond that who I hated? Care to highlight anyone I missed outside those 3 I said needed to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No specifics. Just a general theme and tone around O’s staff not being up to par.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      No specifics. Just a general theme and tone around O’s staff not being up to par.

His NEW hires Raymond, Faulk, etc etc need to stay… I don’t want a clean sweep to many pipelines get closed that way

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Part of me is glad to see this. On the other hand, does BK now make a run at Elko for DC? (I don't think he would make the lateral move, but I don't know his relationship with BK...other than he left BK's staff to come to ATM.)

With each open HC position that's filled, I breathe just a little sigh of relief. But, with each HC that jumps from one program to another, that opens another potential door for a guy like Elko. I've never really been concerned about Jimbo leaving, but I think losing Elko might sting almost as much.

I'm assuming that Elko has HC aspirations (hope I'm wrong), but apparently is being pretty selective waiting for the "right" opportunity. Anybody have insight into what he might consider as the right opportunity?
        I thought we would hear Elko's name more this cycle, but it has not really came up. I have heard his name involved at the Duke opening so there is still that one to worry about for the Ags.

There was a story that Saban sent a plane to pickup his assistant coaches when he left Michigan State to come to LSU and not a single one of them got on the plane. That worked out for Saban.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          His NEW hires Raymond, Faulk, etc etc need to stay… I don’t want a clean sweep to many pipelines get closed that way

I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            I thought we would hear Elko's name more this cycle, but it has not really came up. I have heard his name involved at the Duke opening so there is still that one to worry about for the Ags.

There was a story that Saban sent a plane to pickup his assistant coaches when he left Michigan State to come to LSU and not a single one of them got on the plane. That worked out for Saban.
            Pretty sure he was interviewed for the TT job but thwy went a different direction. I was thinking we would see him at Va Tech.

Comment

Still surprised Herman's name not coming up more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post

His ship has sailed as His lack of mental toughness was exposed!

He should be selling shoes at Macy’s.

Comment

@AndyStaples: "Talked to Tom Herman today regarding rumors surrounding his name being mentioned for possible college head coaching and/or coordinator positions. He told me that he’s happy in the NFL and that his preference is to remain in that league.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

He was quoted the other day that he likes the NFL and would like to continue there. Who knows.

Edit: .... what Michael said...

Comment

Napier wanted him to be the OC at Florida, which I thought was a great fit, but he has said he wants to stay in the NFL.

I have heard his name for the LSU OC job though.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        The new signing period is having a major affect on these coaching searches as they don't allow schools the opportunity to have the time to sort through the process.
                        I think because of this date is why not a lot of movement on LSU assistant hires. Current guys are the ones who have the relationships. Use that now since we have a head coach named and then after early signing make the moves on assistants.

As long as the OC Peetz is the first one fired is all that I care about. Joseph, Raymond, and some others can stay. But Peetz needs to be gone already.

Comment

Another thing on changing of assistant coaches, you actually see movement on this after signing day as opposed to before. I get it that its really ****ty to do to the kids, but these schools are trying to hang on to the recruits they can and have them sign before making changes. It happens ever year.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples/sta...480061957?s=20

@AndyStaples: "Talked to Tom Herman today regarding rumors surrounding his name being mentioned for possible college head coaching and/or coordinator positions. He told me that he’s happy in the NFL and that his preference is to remain in that league.
                            They failed to mention the 12 million coming from Texas the next two years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                              What do I owe you

I owe you a one week avatar for Jimbo not taking the LSU job!

It’s bad enough losing, but having to remind you makes it a little tougher.

Speaking of avatars, the window is open for this week’s SEC Championship...for Georgia fans.

Comment

Originally posted by 18ncs View Post
                                Speaking of avatars, the window is open for this week’s SEC Championship...for Georgia fans.
                                I hope Alabama wins by two (5-3) in quadruple overtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X