This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a great idea.
    I live in Rockport and can tell you a lot is needed. However there are many problems as well.
    Do not donate to the Red Cross. They are very misleading on what they are really doing here.
    Many donations from groups are not going where intended or are being held by the City and going nowhere at this time.
    Please follow Friends of Rockport on Facebook before donating to Rockport or Aransas county.
    It is great that TBA wants to help but check things out before you send anything to our area we have problems and many citizens are not happy at all.

Comment

Michael, this is truly phenomenal of you to setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
        I think this is a great idea.
        I live in Rockport and can tell you a lot is needed. However there are many problems as well.
        Do not donate to the Red Cross. They are very misleading on what they are really doing here.
        Many donations from groups are not going where intended or are being held by the City and going nowhere at this time.
        Please follow Friends of Rockport on Facebook before donating to Rockport or Aransas county.
        It is great that TBA wants to help but check things out before you send anything to our area we have problems and many citizens are not happy at all.
        Red cross was denying people left and right with no rhyme or reason. Just an emailmwith a denial and where i could go if i needed cleaning supplies. Others were registering with multiple email addresses and getting moeny on each one.

Comment

Three organizations turned us down thus far. Such is life I guess. We are amongst the fortunate though, our place on the coast is a second home so we are good to go.

It's a darn good thing going here! Like what was said before, please make sure the money is going where you want it too before pushing the button...

God bless,
          Michael

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump...I know there are still lots of folks here on TBH needing help.

Comment

Glad to know about your great work.

Comment

Working...
              X