Help/question regarding home audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I correct in thinking the only way to stream music over WiFi from my Iphone from iTunes,Pandora,YouTube etc….would be thru airplay? The receiver will be located in the garage for just two speakers on my deck. There is no WiFi signal in the garage but I do have a cat 5 that runs out there so I can get the receiver hardwired directly to Comcast modem. There is WiFi on the deck. The brick on the garage make Bluetooth not an option. I need an easy reliable way to power 2 exterior speakers and play music from my phone to them on WiFi.

Could someone recommend a product or setup to make this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not 100% sure it’s what you are looking for but try Sonos. We have one of their systems and it’s been reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by redhoghunter View Post
      I’m not 100% sure it’s what you are looking for but try Sonos. We have one of their systems and it’s been reliable.

I’m looking for a receiver to power two exterior mounted speakers. I just want to run speaker wire to them. I don’t want them powered because I don’t want to add power to the locations.

Comment

You will be using a Bluetooth connection. Not Wi-Fi. There are systems that you can use a direct line like a usb cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          I’m looking for a receiver to power two exterior mounted speakers. I just want to run speaker wire to them. I don’t want them powered because I don’t want to add power to the locations.

When we bought the house we are in now, it came with an outdoor sound system. It was a Sonos Connect that was plugged into a receiver that sends music to the hardwired outdoor speakers. The speakers make a semi-circle around the pool. We have the Sonos app on our phones. Open the app, select music (Pandora, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.) and it streams to the speakers outside.

If I am reading your post correctly, it sounds like you are looking for something similar. Here is a pic of our set-up. White box is the Sonos and it sits on top of the receiver.
          Attached Files

Comment

We stream directly to our Onkyo receiver through Wi-Fi.

Run it on zone 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              We stream directly to our Onkyo receiver through Wi-Fi.

Run it on zone 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Is that thru an app or something? What’s it take to play Apple Music on that? I pay for Apple Music and want to be able to play it in my speakers. The only button on my iTunes app is airplay

Comment

Any other ideas??

Comment

Bring your receiver in the house with one of the speakers. Connect the receiver to your home WiFi. Open up a music app and use Airplay to stream to the receiver. If it works then you’ll know you just need to get WiFi to the receiver in the garage.

You can probably throw a Google WiFi puck in the garage next to the receiver as a WiFi extender and be good to go without hard wiring

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                    Is that thru an app or something? What’s it take to play Apple Music on that? I pay for Apple Music and want to be able to play it in my speakers. The only button on my iTunes app is airplay

That’s the Onkyo app that I control my receiver with. I don’t have Apple Music but from my phone I use airplay through wifi.

Comment

Working...
                    X