X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retire and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      I don't expect a Rolex or anything real special, but they could have been a little more personal. Present the piece of plastic to me with the guys there, maybe some donuts. There is not a day goes by I don't help the young guys. The trade schools teach them just enough to be dangerous. I have experience from before the machines even had memories. They had reel to reel tape readers. Run a part then rewind the tape and go again. Heck, the manual machine areas were bigger than the NC areas.
      They probable didn't have it in the budget to do anything special for every one of yall with 45 years. I mean heck, Could you imagine the cost of doing something special for both of you.

Comment

Why does Johnny Paychecks number 1 hit keep coming to mind?

Comment

Yeah that's why I go to work and do my job but nothing extra. There's no loyalty from a employer. When we leave they will have us replaced in no time.

Comment

Be thankful that you’ve had such a long career with the company. All they really owe you is a pay check on pay day

Comment

Yesterday, I got a package from the company I work for. I opened it up and it was my recognition for 45yrs of service. It's bad enough that my 45th anniversary was last June, but this was disappointing. First, it was sent to my home and not presented to me at the shop with the guy's I've spent many years working with. Second, it is not personalized in any way. The only thing with my name on it is the shipping label. I do get to pick a gift from an online catalog that has nothing me or any of my family want or need. So for giving them 2/3 of my life I got a piece of acrylic, a postcard thanking me and a gift that will never get used. Sorry for the rant, I guess it is part of working for a large company. Here's my piece of plastic.

[ATTACH]1087951[/ATTACH]
              And, you get to top it off by celebrating with a natty lite

Comment

I don't expect a Rolex or anything real special, but they could have been a little more personal. Present the piece of plastic to me with the guys there, maybe some donuts. There is not a day goes by I don't help the young guys. The trade schools teach them just enough to be dangerous. I have experience from before the machines even had memories. They had reel to reel tape readers. Run a part then rewind the tape and go again. Heck, the manual machine areas were bigger than the NC areas.
                Stop training your replacements.

Once you retire and your 45 years of experience walks out the door, the odds are they will learn how valuable your knowledge really was and may ask you to come back.

Then you can charge them enough per hour as a consultant to make you Lol at their cheap-azz trinket.

Seen it happen numerous times.

Comment

Congrats on 45 years and I’m sorry that’s all they gave you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    And, you get to top it off by celebrating with a natty lite
                    Heck yeah!
                    That's hows he made it this long!

That stuffs dipped straight from the fountain of youth.

I'd take a case of Natty's for my 25th coming up next year, I'm cheap and easy like that.

Comment

One of the big reasons to be self employed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow sorry that's pretty bad.

Comment

Perfect shape for skipping stone in the lake. Congratulations on 45 years not many can say that these days. Time to enjoy your fruits of labor.

Comment

That’s pretty sad. Earlier in my career I hit a goal of 2 million in gross profit production for my company and they sent me a “money tree” plant. I took it out of the box and put it right in the trash at my desk. I’m not sure who is in charge of things like this but it’s disheartening for sure.

Make sure to take all your PTO every year and give yourself a good work life balance. They will replace you tomorrow if you pass away. Congratulations on 45yrs, that’s what’s impressive to me. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My employer owes me nothing, I owe my employer nothing, 22 years. I give them a days work, they pay me a days work. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                My employer owes me nothing, I owe my employer nothing, 22 years. I give them a days work, they pay me a days work. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X