2022 Draw hunts are online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcherA View Post
    Any suggestions on the best draw hunts for a hunter with disabilities? (im in a wheelchair) Always looking for more opportunities to hunt. They seem few and far between.

Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help.

P. S. I'm not a Veteran
    Gus Engeling has a few ADA blinds and compartments that are worth looking into.

Comment

The park hunts have more success and access for someone with disabilities.

Comment

Any suggestions on the best draw hunts for a hunter with disabilities? (im in a wheelchair) Always looking for more opportunities to hunt. They seem few and far between.

Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help.

P. S. I'm not a Veteran

Try the inks lake, they had a couple wheelchair fitted blinds and they do a great job with the hunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help.

P. S. I'm not a Veteran

Where ever you draw, call ahead and inquire.

My father brought the box blind he built for my brother and him to hunt in together, it was a 5’x10’ trailer box blind. They don’t fit in regular sized box blind being 6’6” & 7’ tall. This was allowed by the Chap on a rifle hunt years ago. They also allowed them to select their compartment with ADA blinds in advance, as many are tower blinds with ladders. The ADA blinds there are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ArcherA, Some of the hunts allow someone with physical or medical challenges to have a person along to help them out. Course that person is not allowed to hunt. But are there to help the hunter out. I had one such instance last year, where I hunted with a feller who had a young lady there to help him due to medical reasons. He was assigned a blind a few hundert yards from me.

I've also read where some hunts allow a physically challenged person to hunt from a 4-wheeler or stationary vehical.

I also don't know if you know about a program called Turning Point. There is a chapter here in north Texas. They have hunts for physically challenged persons also. And lots of other activities. Feller on here that goes by the handle "Huntmaster" (Billy) on here, can fill you in on the details. Send him a PM.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-04-2022, 07:28 PM.

Comment

2022 Draw hunts are online

Donated $130 today.

It’s been awhile since I have put in.

Comment

Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help.

P. S. I'm not a Veteran

Call Inks Lake SP. They used to run hunts for folks with disabilities. This were outside the "normal" draw hunts. Don't know if they still do this.
                  Their blinds are big and designed to be wheelchair accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                    Is the Archery Exotic “ deadline expired” a glitch or did I just miss something last year?
                    I noticed that too, wonder what's up?

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                      Is the Archery Exotic “ deadline expired” a glitch or did I just miss something last year?
                      They're probably not having a hunt in that category this year. Look at Archery Deer, Garner SP has been added to that category.

Comment

Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help.

P. S. I'm not a Veteran
                        I know for a fact that the Chaparral WMA has some accessible blinds and I'm sure some of the other areas do too.

Comment

Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help.

P. S. I'm not a Veteran
                          I just throw caution to the wind and apply , the staff is usually very happy to help , when I alligator hunted @ Murphy we got some awesome spots that where ADA friendly for a larger than average boat!
                          I hope someone handicapped draws the bighorn hunt , I want to see how TP&W handle that hunt

Comment

Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help.

P. S. I'm not a Veteran
                            Inks Lake SP has amazing set ups for hunters with disabilities. Here's a link to the hunt I went on there last year.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                              You mean donations? Haha
                              Retweet...

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                                I just throw caution to the wind and apply , the staff is usually very happy to help , when I alligator hunted @ Murphy we got some awesome spots that where ADA friendly for a larger than average boat!
                                I hope someone handicapped draws the bighorn hunt , I want to see how TP&W handle that hunt
                                They'll drive you around in a side by side. When I was at Elephant Mountain they told me they've had to accommodate hunters that has physical limitations that would prevent them from covering the terrain.

Comment

Working...
                                X