45 Years With My Bestest Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45 Years With My Bestest Friend

I married my high school sweetheart 45 years ago today. Her family moved to my hometown and when she showed up at school the chase was on. She was a challenge but I was relentless and eventually turned her head. She was, and still is a gem and I was a diamond in the rough according to her.

We married straight out of high school and started our family. She gave me 2 beautiful daughters and a lifetime of memories. She has always stood behind me and supported my every move. And I’ve done the same for her. She allowed me to be who I am still today but accepted nothing but excellence from me. And when I have fallen short of her expectations she has been very forgiving and understanding of the fact that at the end of the day I am a man and men have the ability to take the perfect situation and screw it up. If I have achieved anything in my adult life that is considered success, I owe it all to her and God because without either one I am nothing would surely have perished.

One note that I might add is the fact that when we met she was a city girl. The wildest thing she had ever eaten was a yard hen so marrying into a Cajun family was a culture shock to say the least. The girl could barely boil water but she got on the cooking train pretty fast, with a little help from my mom, ( too much at times ) and could really throw down in the kitchen in a short period of time.
    Attached Files

Congrats to the both of you! A long, stable and happy marriage is the most important blessing we can possibly have in our short time on this earth

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations! love the story.

We share a few things in common. Today is my anniversary as well and while I didn't go to hi school with my sweetheart we met shortly after and have been in love every since.It just took me nearly 25 years before she thought I had grown up enough move in. She also was a city girl and I rescued her from a life of misery in San Francisco. Now a fabulous cook and farm girl.

Life is good!
        Last edited by elgato; 06-04-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations 🎉

Comment

Congratulations to yall! Definitely another tbh'er that out kicked your coverage 👍😜

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                Congratulations! love the story.

We share a few things in common. Today is my anniversary as well and while I didn't go to hi school with my sweetheart we met shortly after and have been in love every since.It just took me nearly 25 years before she thought I had grown up enough move in. She also was a city girl and I rescued her from a life of misery in San Francisco. Now a fabulous cook and farm girl.

Life is good!
                Well then it seems that congratulations are in order to you and your bride also Rusty. A great life is even greater when it can be shared with your soul mate.

Comment

Congratulations to the both of you!! Ain’t it amazing how God can arrange things just like he wants ‘em?! So glad for you both that y’all took advantage of His plan and followed it. Sure glad He has brought you both into our lives too friend!
                  May the Lord continue to bless you with many more years together serving Him and each other!!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    Congratulations to yall! Definitely another tbh'er that out kicked your coverage 👍😜
                    Thanks Micheal. I’m the poster child of coverage out kicking!!

Comment

Congratulations to you two lovebirds!

Comment

Congrats Terry.

Today is my in-laws 40th anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats and what a wonderful tribute. God thing for sure.

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Wow! Y’all are aging well! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X