Pitmasters - Best remote temp probe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitmasters - Best remote temp probe?

I have a Lavatools instant read pen-type thermometer but I want to be able to monitor meat temps without raising the lid on my kamado. When researching I see that prices are all over the place, from $50-60 to almost $200. How much do you have to spend to get one that is reliable and accurate? Any brand preference? Thanks!

Great results from meater so far. Even gifted a couple after using mine for a while. Single probe measures meat and chamber temps and middle of the road, price-wise.

MEATER Plus is 100% wire-free, allowing you to cook with complete freedom and flexibility. With its innovative technology, the Long Range Model is the world's first truly wireless meat thermometer. You can easily monitor your cooking progress using the free app, which is available for both iOS and Android.

Comment

I have 1 meater and it has been great. But recently had some problems with it charging. I did eventually got it to work and its all good now.

Comment

I also use Meater.

Have had their block for a little over 2 years, it comes with 4 probes and I believe more can be added. Over the WiFi, I can see the status from my grills that are in front of the house when I'm in our bedroom which is in the back of the house.

Comment

I think Maverick are the best IMO.

Comment

This is the one I use and have had for a few years and always works flawlessly.
            Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

Comment

I use a Thermapen and it works great

Comment

ThermoPro TP20

56 bucks on amazonia

Comment

Thermoworks is in its own class. I had a Meater but it didn’t last.

Comment

Inkbird 4 probe

Maverick

Thermopro

Can't go wrong with any of those.

Comment

I have a FireBoard, seems to do its job just fine for me.

Comment

I’ve got a meater block with 4 probes. Have not been happy with it, constantly drops signal and sets off alarms etc.

I previously used a maverick and never had any issues. I now use a fireboard and been very happy with the app, connectivity and data logging. I also use it to power the fan on my WSM as well as gravity smoker. I’d highly recommend the fireboard.

Comment

This cook was for a couple of reverse sear steaks I did recently. Smoked at 200 on the gravity smoker till it of about 125 after which I put them over hot coals or in a cast iron pan on the grill.

Comment

Meater!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a 4 probe Maverick... Only thing I dislike about it is the Bluetooth connectivity is weak... If I buy another one, whatever brand it is, it will have Wi-Fi connectivity.

As far as monitoring temp, the Maverick and probes have been spot on... Calibrated with Ice water and boiling water, and all probes have read within 1 or 2 degrees of test temp.

Comment

Working...
                              X