Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hunts off of Bond Road in Sonora,TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who hunts off of Bond Road in Sonora,TX?

Put a new place under contract about 12 miles down Bond Rd. Anyone have any input on the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m familiar with it.

What would you like to know

Comment

Just general population of critters. Place we just put under contract has water very close by

Comment

I live 3 miles east of Sonora. You should have plenty of critters 12mi down Bond Rd! There’s a ton of whitetail and lots of axis out that way.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had a place about 20 miles down Bond a few years ago. It was infested with both whitetails and axis.

I don't know how much of an impact that the anthrax breakout caused still exists, but I would think that you should have plenty of game otherwise, including turkeys with the water in place.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
            I had a place about 20 miles down Bond a few years ago. It was infested with both whitetails and axis.

I don't know how much of an impact that the anthrax breakout caused still exists, but I would think that you should have plenty of game otherwise, including turkeys with the water in place.

Yall had anthrax down there?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
              Yall had anthrax down there?

This last boom my friends who have property on Bond Road said they didn't see any signs of Anthrax but It did/does hit that area.

Lots of Axis in the area, whitetail can be decent in size, I've never seen any huge ones but I've seen tons of Axis and some monsters.

Comment

Have a cousin who owns 1k acres on bond rd and its infested with axis and red deer. The whitetail are average hill country deer.

Comment

We are about 10 miles past you on Bond. Tons of Axis.

Comment

We hunted a place about 8 miles from town for 25 years. Tons of critters! You'll enjoy it!

Comment

That’s great hear! Saw tons of tracks just no deer rubs anywhere. That kinda freaked me out

Comment

Hunted a place about 15 miles from the highschool for a long time. Trophy axis for sure and most have extra points.

Comment

Hunt the Canyon Ranch pretty regular between Bond and 55. Would love to find a nice lease or buy a place down that way. Tons of Axis/BB. More then deer actually. They did loose quite a bit of the axis and Bb herd after the big freeze. The anthrax outbreak was not an issue for them. Still a good number of exotics even after the freeze though. If you have water you will be covered up for sure.

Comment

Tons of axis some blackbuck average whitetail

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
                              Tons of axis some blackbuck average whitetail

Yeah I’ve heard there are a few scattered bb herds out there!

Comment

Working...
                              X