Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Storm, I do. But don't have a 308 or a 300WM. I'd rather them go to someone who does.

There's a components trade thread in Other Side of the Ranch forum. You might list them there as trade bait for something you want. Somebody will grab them.
    Got it done TG the person coming by will be getting a surprise. More goodies.

Comment

Got to love it when people mark the trail to their hunting spot literally ever 5 foot, I am not exaggerating. If anyone is that scared of getting lost... it's time to reconsider the public land option. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
        Got to love it when people mark the trail to their hunting spot literally ever 5 foot, I am not exaggerating. If anyone is that scared of getting lost... it's time to reconsider the public land option. LOL
        ^^^^THIS IS SO MUCH TRUTH

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another of people don't spend the time out there to learn how to get in and out in daylight and dark.

Comment

Was it with trail marking tape? I hate that stuff. Just goes to waist and makes the place look trashy. Cause nobody ever pulls it down when done. A lot will hunt one or two times then leave it hanging only to rot and fall to the ground over time. The big streamers are the worst!

On the other hand: It's nice of them that they marked it, so others can hunt that spot during the week. And not have to worry about feeding, cause the weekend hunters will feed the spot.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-20-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Well it didn’t happen on Saturday, the pigs hadn’t even found my corn. I’m back today, and the corn pile is gone. Hopefully they’ll come back to scavenge for leftovers before dark. Oh and nanny, I’ll post pics if I get one, but I’ll do one better and post the video link in a couple weeks after get back from work and have time to edit.

Comment

Well I shot one, but she ran off into thick brush and I couldn’t find the blood in there. Searched all over the area for my lighted nock or blood couldn’t find either

Comment

It happens Ender. And there are plenty of pigs to go around.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Was it with trail marking tape? I hate that stuff. Just goes to waist and makes the place look trashy. Cause nobody ever pulls it down when done. A lot will hunt one or two times then leave it hanging only to rot and fall to the ground over time. The big streamers are the worst!

On the other hand: It's nice of them that they marked it, so others can hunt that spot during the week. And not have to worry about feeding, cause the weekend hunters will feed the spot.
                    No... to me it looked like it was parts of a tow strap. Not quite as thick, but same type of material. But it was literally placed every 5 - 10 foot max. I would say there was probably a at least 100 of them.

Comment

It happens Ender. And there are plenty of pigs to go around.

Yes, lots of pigs. I was baiting my spot one day after work last week, and walked up at about 4:30. Had a boar just looking at me... I waved my arms... and it just kept looking.. took a couple of steps forward, and waved my arms, and it just turned and walked away. It wasn't even spooked.

Comment

Originally posted by andreww5001 View Post
                        ^^^^THIS IS SO MUCH TRUTH

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                        It's quite irritating. Especially if they are close to your area. I don't mind people hunting... its public land. I expect it, and have made a lot of good friends while out there. But when you make it known for every other person... and their dog/family/distant cousins/and whoever else. That's when its a problem for me. They have apps, and etc for that now... who even needs that much flagging tape?? lol Ok... I'm off my soapbox. For now...

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                          Another of people don't spend the time out there to learn how to get in and out in daylight and dark.
                          Yes, and in order to be successful, they definitely should spend more time out there, and learn the land a little bit.

Comment

Everbody got permits?

Where did you go for hogs TG. I’m looking to go on my first hog hunt. On my bucket list. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjvasquezrn View Post
                              Where did you go for hogs TG. I’m looking to go on my first hog hunt. On my bucket list. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              There are pretty much hogs all over. Check out just about any unit. They all have them. Main thing is, go scout around, and check out an area. Can't really go wrong on any of the sections for Whitney. Once you start putting corn down, you will start seeing sign of them.

Comment

Yep, what Pepper said. Aquila too. Grapevine, Bardwell, Waco...just about anywhere for that matter. Anywhere there is a drainage, creek, or river system, you'll find hogs in most of the state. Some places just take a little more work than others. Just put corn down. "And they will come ".

Mansfield, Burleson, Ft Worth, and Trinity river bottom between Dallas and Ft Worth have hogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X