Broadhead question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead question

After lots of tuning and adjusting, my field points are dead on. I pulled a few broadheads out and that's where the headache began. Fixed blade is 6 inches low and 6 inches right. The muzzy hybrid broadheads were better but still a little off. I'm in the market for new broadheads now

So what broadheads have yall discovered fly almost the same as your fieldpoints?

You’re gonna get the “your bow isn’t tuned crowd” soon. If you’re set on fixed blades, some tuning is required. I’ve found my NAP Killzones hit VERY close to my field points and have been happy with their performance over the last 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
      You’re gonna get the “your bow isn’t tuned crowd” soon. If you’re set on fixed blades, some tuning is required. I’ve found my NAP Killzones hit VERY close to my field points and have been happy with their performance over the last 4 years.

Figure I will get "tuning" comments but I will ignore them. I'm not set on fixed blade. Mechanical are fine too. Want info from actual users.

Comment

The fixed heads I’ve been using that fly true for me are Slick Trick Magnums. Never shot anything else because they fly good.

Comment

Broadhead question

Ramcats are the best broadheads I have found to shoot like field points. Saying that, any fixed blade should hit the same if the bow is tuned correctly. I shot mechanical for years with no issues. I had to do major tuning once I switched to fixed blades. Now any broadheads hits in the same spot as my field points.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            The fixed heads I’ve been using that fly true for me are Slick Trick Magnums. Never shot anything else because they fly good.

Viper trucks for me have been spot on as well

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Look into bareshaft tuning. This will get you better results with field tips and fixed blade broadheads hitting the same spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mag View Post
                ramcats are the best broadheads i have found to shoot like field points. Saying that, any fixed blade should hit the same if the bow is tuned correctly. I shot mechanical for years with no issues. I had to do major tuning once i switched to fixed blades. Now any broadheads hits in the same spot as my field points.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                this!

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                  Figure I will get "tuning" comments but I will ignore them. I'm not set on fixed blade. Mechanical are fine too. Want info from actual users.
                  there are lot of choices,,, having owned a shop for 12 years i have shot more than most people,,, i found the magnus stinger 4 blade to be the most accurate time and again,,,not saying anything bad about any others but i have had the opportunity to shoot fixed heads on my range out to 135 yards from a lot of different bows,,,, it was the most consistently accurate fixed head i found,,,, having said that most bows do need some tuning to get fixed heads and field tips to fly together

Comment

Rage trypan shoots 100% like a field tip

Comment

I would say bareshaft to a bullet hole @20 yds. But a quick easy test is throw on another brand head and post results

Comment

Montec G5’s fly for me

Comment

I’m trying Iron Will broad heads this year.

Comment

I've always had issues with shooting fixed. Until I built and tuned my own arrows. Cut, square, nock tune (bareshaft at 20), fletch, shoot with broadheads on, then sort the practice from the hunting arrows. Here is the result at 60. Easton hexx 260s, 75gr inserts, 125gr magnus black hornet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will give bare shaft tuning a try. I have done everything else but not that yet. My muzzy hybrids were only about 2-3 inches right vs my muzzy one fixed blades about 6 inches. As mentioned, the field points are hitting great. I should clarify that this was all at 50yd shots. At 30 yds the fixed blades were only about 3 inches right. Here a group at 50 with field points.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X