Kansas Bowhunt / Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Bowhunt / Round 2

Drove up yesterday to meet up with my son for another go at killing a nice buck. We were here Oct 31st and headed home November 6th.Big bucks were mostly nocturnal.
    After a short night I jumped into my buddy's Krivoman this morning and the rut was in high
    gear from first light.For the next 2 hours I had 6 different bucks come chasing does back and forth. Finally a big non-typical bruiser ran a doe into range and "Whack".
    Only problem was the "whack" was my bow limb contacting the blind, thus a clean miss at 31yds.

Hes running does. Probably has no clue what happened. Jeep at it.

Comment

Bowhunting: If it can go wrong it will.

Keep grinding!

Comment

Absolutely right, never even flinched! Nocked another arrow but the doe tried to sneak away and he began bulldogging her again and out of sight she led him. Windy as all get out, so he was clueless.
        My son was being skunked and texted me he was moving locations. I told him to come sit in the Krivo and this old man would go get some breakfast. He ran to the camp, grabbed some chow and showed up about 11am.
        I had just had a 145 inch 8 pt come cruising by with his head to the ground. Told son to break out the decoys(Dolomo doe and Scarface Buck) and give it a go.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, I need it, my son doesn't

Comment

So about 1130am my son takes over the blind and a buddy and I go grab some breakfast. A Slovacek kolache, one of their giant cinnamon rolls, glass of milk and I am off to scout.
              About 1245pm I get a text from the son who says "I just smoked a big non-typical, probably the one you MISSED this morning. He said the buck came in to the decoys and he had to take a frontal shot. We began the track and found the buck about 60yds from the impact. I told him it was definitely the same deer. Glad he is a better shot than his Dad 🤣
              Attached Files

Comment

Great buck! Congrats to your son!

Comment

Thanks, got a few more days to try again.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That’s a super cool buck!

Comment

Wow!!! Well, you missed an opportunity but just as gratifying that it was your son that got him!!

Comment

Congrats to your son! That’s a hoss!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congrats, awesome looking deer

Comment

Working...
                              X