No announcement yet.

Smallest property you've killed on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i live on 13 acres. shoot pigs all the time, could easily kill deer. I use a rifle because I only have permission in 2 of 3 directions to retrieve game. I enjoy watching the deer, so I don't mess with them. The deal I have with my wife is that I won't shoot a deer at the house unless I want to put it on the wall.

Comment

3 acres at my parents house in Tennessee. Never really noticed deer there when i was kid, but now they are overrun with deer. My mom wants me to kill them all. Took the book in my avatar picture last Thanksgiving while visiting. Waited for a weather change and got up and posted up by the creek in a lawn chair back in the brush and about 15 minutes later he comes cruising through. I was able to put 2 arrows in him to keep him on the property.

I also hunt a 32 acre place in Groesbeck.

Comment

2 lane FM road outside of San Saba. Hit the doe broadside. She didn't make it 2 yards. I was using a GMC pickup with lighted head lights and tail lights. DRT

It isn't about the size of property or food availability. Just need yellow and white lines, white truck, and be ready at 4:45 A.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
          i thought if the landowner doesnt give you permission, they have to go recover or its considered wasting. Might be wrong though.
          Where on earth do you get some of these ideas.

Comment

We have 15 acres and know the landowners all on all three sides (frontage is highway). The deer travel through the backside twice a day down our fenceline. I hunt it and have been successful.

Comment

My biggest two bow bucks have come off a 12 acre tract the last two years

Comment

I've got 20 acres behind my house. It's in the city limits and loaded with deer. One of these days I'm gonna get around to hunting it. I've seen as many as 40 deer at one time. They feed on peoples bushes and shrubs at night and come back to my place during the day.

Comment

I killed a lot of deer on 2.5 acres. It was a natural funnel for them.

Comment

Gives me hope looking at permission on some smaller properties

Comment

5 acres

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Proud to say I've completely eradicated the fuzzy-tailed-rat population on my 1/4 acre in Cinco Ranch...but I suspect that may not count for this thread.

Comment

I saw my biggest buck on a 2 acre lot, I killed one of my best bucks on 7 acres with an xbow many years ago, he only went about 70 yards

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

1 acre that I still own and hunt on.

I've got reciprocal agreements with adjoining property owners, to retrieve an animal that goes onto their property, and vice-versa.

Comment

Take away south texas deer and my two biggest bow bucks (both P&Y) have come off five acres here in Hays County.

Comment

A friend lives around Burnett, TX They has a little over 1 acres. Has permission to go next door. He had taken 2 deer this year with cross bow. they see more deer than I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X