Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup

I was shocked to see how many businesses in my area that have thrived during the Covid Pandemic signed up and received, literally hundreds of thousands of free money that will not have to be repaid. Hopefully some of these funds trickled down to the people it was intended for instead of paying for fancy vacations and new vehicles. Put in you zip code and find out who got free money in your area.

Hindsight is always 2020.......

Comment

Yeah, I saw lots of my local bankers and their families on there. Also the barber and his wife got four loans total. I noticed he got a new truck a while back.

Comment

I am in the banking industry and as an industry we were tasked with getting the money out the door. I can tell you that while I am against government handouts, they are going to happen. I believe that they are much more useful going to small businesses that had to certify and commit to keeping folks hired on rather than just a handout for nothing to individuals (many of whom pay no taxes).

If the government is going to hand it out then I’d rather it go back to those who actually pay in.

Comment

Agree with the above. This time it hit Main Street instead of Wall Street

Comment

It was fun being nosy tho haha

Comment

I was under the assumption loans were only forgivable if they maintained a specified employment and wage level during a specific timeline.

A qualifying business would have to be dumb not to apply. Even If you could not meet requirements and you had to repay, you basically had a short term zero or low interest loan as a safety net.

Also dont forget these were passed by republican lead congress and republican president.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_ View Post
                I was under the assumption loans were only forgivable if they maintained a specified employment and wage level during a specific timeline.

A qualifying business would have to be dumb not to apply. Even If you could not meet requirements and you had to repay, you basically had a short term zero or low interest loan as a safety net.

Also dont forget these were passed by republican lead congress and republican president.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This right here. Not every business that received the loan had it forgiven.

Comment

It doesn't take much to get one forgiven. Pretty much any loan under $150K was given a free pass. Those over $2MM are getting looked at though we are not sure how hard yet.

ON the first round, businesses qualified for an amount that was a multiple of their salary and benefit costs and had several months to use the money in order for it to be forgiven. On this second round, they can use the money for just about anything.

Comment

You will see a lot of people going to jail when the dust settles, the CPA we use has been working with several people that fudged the truth to get the money and now they’ve been busted. I’m betting this will be a wide spread problem,

When your buying toys left and right during a country shut down you will be tattle tailed on pretty quick.

Comment

Why do I see a bunch of people I know who farm on the side, or who have cows(that don't employ anybody) get $20,000 loans? You telling me, they don't have to pay this money back? That's BS

Comment

I gladly accepted mine and put it straight to work. I too dont back all of the government hand outs going on, but if I dont accept it the next guy will.

Comment

I see some folks I know on there where do I report fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            Why do I see a bunch of people I know who farm on the side, or who have cows(that don't employ anybody) get $20,000 loans? You telling me, they don't have to pay this money back? That's BS
                            And why is that? Are those operations not worthy of the loan? Do those operations not sustain many other jobs down the line as well as a valuable commodity to the population? Enlighten me.

Comment

The operations the people I'm talking about are definitely not worthy of a loan, fact

Comment

Working...
                              X