Pressure tank feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure tank feeder?

Has any body ever used an old pressure tank from a well pump to convert to build a feeder? I got 3 of these and will likely have some feeder repairs this next year.

If so if the curvature at the bottom enough for the corn to drain effectively?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK the answer to your question (try it)

But, You can make your own cone/funnel with this:
    Copy of conebottom.xls

cone cutout 2.pdf

cone cutout.pdf

Comment

It should be good, before funnels came around, we just used 55 gallon drums and they have a flat bottom. Yours looks to have a bit of curvature to it, so should work fine.

Comment

I built one this past off season. The tank I used is a bit taller and thinner, but the feeder holds 750#. It has worked great so far. I flipped it over and cut the ring off. I welded up the bleeder valve hole. I wish I would have made my lid bigger, but I was making it out of stuff I had laying around and that is as big as I had on hand.
        Attached Files

Comment

That is perfect! I need to measure the diameter, but I think this will hold 6-700 pounds as well.

I made some stand and fill from a old air conditioning unit, and the bottom is starting to rust out. And this will be a "whatever is on hand" project as well

Comment

I used one to make a protein feeder. It holds about 275lbs

Comment

Ill take one off your hands and practice with it..........I think you can make some really nice feeders out of those.

Comment

Just seeing this....I've made a couple from pressure tanks. Large capacity, heavier walled than 55gal drum, integrated funnel when inverted, they work out great. This one holds 750# & I used a 85gal barrel lid.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                    X