Catalytic convertor shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalytic convertor shield

I just purchased a 2021 Tundra. These seem to be the hot ticket for convertor thefts. Interested in learning what others have done to deter the thieves. I would not enjoy having my truck sidelined for months waiting for parts and paying the insurance deductible to support someone too lazy to get a job.

I just replaced all the concrete around the house. I can now park 5 cars in my back yard behind a 7 foot fence with a pair of 60 pound dogs taking turns biteing what ever comes over the fence. I hope it does not come to that.................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      I just replaced all the concrete around the house. I can now park 5 cars in my back yard behind a 7 foot fence with a pair of 60 pound dogs taking turns biteing what ever comes over the fence. I hope it does not come to that.................
      It's not only your house where they are getting them. Hopefully your concrete, fence and dogs are mobile.

OP...this is where I am leaning. Desert Eagle Offroad Transmissions has a transmission skid plate. They are actually right down the street from me.

Desert eagle off-road transmission skid plate install ***Very long read, review and install.*** Tundra transmission skid plates with catalytic...

DEOR's FB page... https://www.facebook.com/DesertEagleOffroad
      Cell: 214-287-8960

Last edited by Smart; 03-24-2021, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mr Smart. Just what I was looking for. Will be calling them today. Nothing stops a determined thief but you can make the next guy's more attractive.

Comment

We just purchased a sequoia from Atkinson toyota in Bryan. Thieves hit their lot for converters. There is a few online options. I was gonna go to a local fab shop and have two made and powder coated since I no longer have a shop.

Comment

Delete it. Never have to worry about it getting stolen, truck breathes better, and you can sell it and make money off it.

Just tip your local inspection station very well....

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              We just purchased a sequoia from Atkinson toyota in Bryan. Thieves hit their lot for converters. There is a few online options. I was gonna go to a local fab shop and have two made and powder coated since I no longer have a shop.
              So is it just a flat plate with a few holes? Is there a pattern available? I can do that and sounds like a great reason (excuse) to buy a plasma.

Comment

Thieves got the buses at my wife's work twice. The owners asked me to weld a cage around them to make it harder to cut thru. Made it out of rebar and welded it up higher than the could get a sawsall into. 5 years now and they are still there.

Comment

What options are y’all finding online for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just talked with the guy in Chew’s post. $330 tyd. About a two week lead time. Protects all four cats. Plug and play install.

Comment

We have a truck dealership in Boerne that specializes in diesel and they got hit by thieves
                      The day I was there about 1/2 the inventory was waiting on new emissions equipment before it was sales legal

Comment

Lifted vehicles make their thievery much easier. Local news yesterday had a special on this. Toyota is the number one brand the thieves focus on.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                          So is it just a flat plate with a few holes? Is there a pattern available? I can do that and sounds like a great reason (excuse) to buy a plasma.
                          I went to fab shop. We crawled up under the truck and it looks like I have four converters on this truck. Their all the same size so I’m assuming their all converters. Anyway, I thinking maybe a pipe cut in half with a flange of some sort used in pre existing holes. To cover all of these it would almost take half a sheet of sheet metal and don’t wanna add the weight. There will be more ways to skin a cat so everyone that has fab experience will be able to figure something out Im sure. Just hope I can get it done before I get hit.

Comment

After getting my tundra back this past saturday from the converters getting stolen, I bolted on the Desert eagle skid plate on Monday. It doesnt completely hide the converters, but it definitely will make it more difficult for them to get to them.

Comment

Just talked to a guy in autotheft. They hit a local toyota dealership. Crook cut 33 trucks in one night. The onsite security guard drove his golf cart by while the **** was under a truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X