No announcement yet.

Add “safecracker” to my resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is really cool! we will never know how it came open and i am sure a blast to the face of 1920s tear gas would be sooooooo much worse then getting hit with 2020 tear gas idk why i feel that way but feel its riht haha. congrats on getting it open! hope there is a safe restore DIY thread soon.

Comment

I have that exact same safe. Everything looks the same other than my interior door still has the keyed lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Pokes View Post
        I have that exact same safe. Everything looks the same other than my interior door still has the keyed lock.
        I KNEW someone would chime in with the same type of safe!!! By chance is 54 part of your combination??

I debated on starting a thread a while back asking who had one of if they had any knowledge about them. I wish I would have but I'm kinda glad I didn't as it was an awesome experience in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
          It never crossed my mind. Shannon's sister said her grandmother always said "don't mess with that safe, it has gas in it". She told me that when I moved the safe and I laughed it off thinking it was a way to keep the kids from messing with it.

Once I took the panel off and saw it, I told myself "oh hell". Yesterday I researched what it could be and a couple forums stated it was tear gas. Once reading that, I remembered movies about safe crackers getting "gassed" trying to break into a safe. I always thought that was a movie myth as you never heard about it... I guess its not a myth after all!

As far as the restoration, It'll probably be just a deep cleaning inside and out. I doubt I'll actually "restore" it but may look into that in the future.
          Man that makes it even cooler. I would have thought the same no doubt.

Comment

I don't think so...I would have to look though. I had no idea it had gas inside it. Guess mine could be a different year without gas...hopefully. Looks identical other than my grandpa painted it grey. It was still in my grandparents house when I bought it.

Comment

That tear gas is rowdy

Comment

So what are you gonna do with the tear gas? So many possibilities come to mind.

Putting one under the toilet seat at deer camp could be awesome. Just make sure everyone had a big meal that day

Comment

Originally posted by Go Pokes View Post
                  I don't think so...I would have to look though. I had no idea it had gas inside it. Guess mine could be a different year without gas...hopefully. Looks identical other than my grandpa painted it grey. It was still in my grandparents house when I bought it.
                  If you haven't and you decide to remove the interior door panel, be careful! That metal is thicker and heavier than you think and will want to slide down as it's not sitting on much of a lip.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    So what are you gonna do with the tear gas? So many possibilities come to mind.

Putting one under the toilet seat at deer camp could be awesome. Just make sure everyone had a big meal that day
                    It's going to stay right where it is!!! I think it's cool to have an actual boobietrap!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Cool. Play with the tear gas. Maybe we can get your son vick involved somehow.

Comment

Guardian Angel?

Comment

That is really cool.

Comment

That's cool stuff.

Comment

The tear gas part is amazing. It might conceal the cure for Corona lol

Comment

Working...
                                X