Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? TX made suppressors

It seams to be a grey area.

Can or can't I get a suppressor without out the stamp?

Is any manufacturer selling as such?

I have applied ..but I'm sick of waiting lol.

Simple answer: No.

Comment

It's not Grey. State law does not trump federal law.

Comment

For right now still need a stamp. A texas suppressor company called Torrent actually has a line a suppressor with serial starting in “MIT-“ for Made in Texas but still the fed still needs their $200 stamp for it.

Comment

No manufacturer will jeopardize their ability to sell in other states by crossing the Feds in Texas.

No retailer will risk their ffl and ability to sell other brands by crossing the Feds by selling made in Texas brands without stamps.

It's simple $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            How’s that working for all the states with recreational marijuana?

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              How’s that working for all the states with recreational marijuana?

Working great but you know those scary mufflers they sure as hell will not take the same approach on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s not grey or even gray.

State law says it’s legal to own one in Texas if it’s made in Texas. Federal law says it’s illegal.

I haven’t heard of anyone being charged for a federal crime in Texas for owning one made in Texas. If anyone has please let us know.

The marijuana law is a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

What about weed? Dispensaries cannot deposit money in an FDIC bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Basically this is going to all end up having to go through some sort of courts to work out. Problem is you got to have a company that's willing to sell you a suppressor knowing that it could cost them jail time, and you got to have a person willing to buy that suppressor knowing it could cost them jail time. And both the company and the person are going to know right off the bat that they're going to have to spend a crap ton in court, and still might have to go to jail.

It does surprise me that people are just willing to risk it on the marijuana front

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      It’s not grey or even gray.

State law says it’s legal to own one in Texas if it’s made in Texas. Federal law says it’s illegal.

I haven’t heard of anyone being charged for a federal crime in Texas for owning one made in Texas. If anyone has please let us know.

The marijuana law is a good example.
                      What about the Form1. Same deal? "I made it in TX?

I have been reading about the Form1 process of building one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                        Basically this is going to all end up having to go through some sort of courts to work out. Problem is you got to have a company that's willing to sell you a suppressor knowing that it could cost them jail time, and you got to have a person willing to buy that suppressor knowing it could cost them jail time. And both the company and the person are going to know right off the bat that they're going to have to spend a crap ton in court, and still might have to go to jail.

It does surprise me that people are just willing to risk it on the marijuana front
                        It is already in the Courts. Google Paxton v. Richardson.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Pride View Post

ATF has essentially done away with Form 1 for the time being. Basically doing blanket denials of all of them.

Comment

Well ok then.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Pride View Post

I think if you went the form 1 route and stamped “made in Texas.” Then it’s the same thing. I don’t think it has a chance of getting approved though.

Comment

Working...
                              X