Easy diy security camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy diy security camera

Looking to get one single security camera for a front porch and driveway area. One that’s easy to install and connect to WiFi and a cell phone. What do you suggest?

I use blink cameras at the house. East setup, Greta quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use iCSee for on Amazon. It’s easy to set up and use.

Comment

I was gifted 2 RING flood light cameras and they are awesome. I just took the old flood lights down and replaced them with the ring cameras. Took maybe 10 min.

Comment

Been happy with my Wyze. Easy to set up.

Comment

I use wyze. Have both wired and wireless. Wireless batteries last 3 months or so easily before needing a recharge.

Comment

Another vote for Wyze

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Same here. Had really good luck so far with them too.

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
                  I was gifted 2 RING flood light cameras and they are awesome. I just took the old flood lights down and replaced them with the ring cameras. Took maybe 10 min.

Question, I assume you have to leave the switch / power on to them ? If so, do the actual lights have a motion detector on them or what ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

I have the blink cams as well. Super easy set up- no wires, mine will last about a 8mos to a yr on energizer lithium aa.

Comment

I also use the blink cameras. For what you are wanting they will do the job.

I installed a larger POE system at my old house and thought the Blink might come close to filling that systems shoes. It didn’t, and I will be installing a big POE system at this house.

Comment

The concept of blink is good but in reality it sucks. I regret having invested in that system.

Comment

Originally posted by Horns1 View Post
                          Question, I assume you have to leave the switch / power on to them ? If so, do the actual lights have a motion detector on them or what ?

Correct, you leave the switch on. You can run all other functions of the light from your phone. You can turn lights off, set to motion, or set to stay on. They can be mounted on the wall or under an eave.

Comment

Good info. Thanks. I have hard wired ones around the primary areas of the house when it was built but need/want a few more witless.

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                              Been happy with my Wyze. Easy to set up.
                              Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                              I use wyze. Have both wired and wireless. Wireless batteries last 3 months or so easily before needing a recharge.

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                              Another vote for Wyze
                              I saw somewhere that with the Wyze you have to pay a fee per camera, not sure if it was per month or per year. Is this correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X