Reloaders- I need some scale help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloaders- I need some scale help

My Digital scale / auto powder measure met its life’s end. I don’t want to try and replace it because there isn’t one on the market that doesn’t have bad reviews ( that I have found anyway). I’m not going to spend My money on junk. I went back to my old Redding manual scale but my hands are just too shaky and it takes too darned long to measure out each load. I’m also too shaky for my Redding powder trickler. I’m trying to get set-up with a good scale and a good electric trickler.

Any help would be great! I’m not interested in the hornady unit- the only red on my bench is my Forster press

I have a rcbs charge master. I had to make some speed adjustments and hot glued a whataburger straw on the inside of the trickle tube. It had been very consistent for 5 years now.

Comment

Chargemasters are hard to beat for the money. I use an A&D scale with AutoTrickler but they get spendy. Not sure what your budget or required level of Precision is.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
        I have a rcbs charge master. I had to make some speed adjustments and hot glued a whataburger straw on the inside of the trickle tube. It had been very consistent for 5 years now.
        I used to have one and it was great but what they are producing Now, not so much ! Too many variances

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
          Chargemasters are hard to beat for the money. I use an A&D scale with AutoTrickler but they get spendy. Not sure what your budget or required level of Precision is.
          My budget is a lot less than that lol! That is quality equipment for sure though.

I do not shoot matches but I load my plinking/ hunting cartridges like I do

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            I used to have one and it was great but what they are producing Now, not so much ! Too many variances
            There’s a guy on the Texas Hunting Forum that machines a brass tube to go in the tube on the Chargemaster. After that mod, mine has never failed to throw the exact charge. Before that I used the soda straw and it was ok, but not as good as the brass tube. The cost is not much and you mike your tube so that he gets a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              There’s a guy on the Texas Hunting Forum that machines a brass tube to go in the tube on the Chargemaster. After that mod, mine has never failed to throw the exact charge. Before that I used the soda straw and it was ok, but not as good as the brass tube. The cost is not much and you mike your tube so that he gets a good fit.
              How old is your charge master if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

I've been using a RCBS charge master for about ten yrs now. It's been a good machine and the soda straw does help. I also use a small digital scale just to double check my loads. I can say you don't want a fan or a/c unit blowing anywhere around it due to the sensitivity.

Comment

I have a Chargemaster I’m looking to sell since upgrading to the Autotrickler V4. I’ve used it for about 6 years.

Let me know if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Been using a hacked Chargemaster for over 20 years. Does a great job and is about as fast as a digital trickle charger can get.

Comment

You can’t go wrong with a RCBS Chargemaster. Purchased a new one here on TBH a few years ago and it works GREAT!

Comment

Another one for the ChargeMaster. I use the scales more than anything. Use them for archery stuff too. What's nice about them, they come with weights to calibrate them.

Comment

I don’t know why no one has mentioned the ChargeMaster

I’m hearing y’all

I just need a Black Friday deal now. Thanks for everyone’s input
                          Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

Let’s be honest, you need an ATV3/4 or a super trickler. Simply can’t beat them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post

Let’s be honest, you need an ATV3/4 or a super trickler. Simply can’t beat them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Go ahead and rub it in! And since we are being Honest- That’s Wayyyy out of my budget

Comment

Working...
                              X