Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Friday they has sst

Comment

Low fence, you prefer the set over the eld match?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        What’s your thoughts on it?

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
          What’s your thoughts on it?

I don’t shoot paper with it, but it’s been a fine rifle. I bet it shoots 3/4”-1” groups just based on sighting in. My son has killed 6 or 8 deer, 10-12 pigs, and an antelope with it. I’ve probly shot 30 pigs with it. Zero complaints.

Comment

Almost forgot that I have a Palmetto State upper that came with a Vortex scope that I need to finish. I just put a scope setup I had in a cantilever on it and it shot 1 1/4", two would touch then a jumper. Think I will start all over and see how it goes. Always a fan of the .264 mag and the 6.5 Grendel. My friends daughters would love the 6.5 and they are hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
              Low fence, you prefer the set over the eld match?
              12 of the uppers we tested I’d sit in a lawn chair and let you shoot SST’s at me. They were AWFUL. we started pulling bullets and checking powder and apparently my 6yo loaded these at the factory with a measuring cup. Don’t know what the deal was other than typical hornady quality control. Most I know love em. Proven round. The elm-m absolutely evaporated on impact of even small pigs. Not a fan of them for hunting personally (work fine on doe small bucks) but I prefer better. They shoot great

Fusions are my preference and they are catastrophic on deer and pigs and shoot good from all our uppers

Comment

Dang. That’s not what I was wanting to hear.

I’m pretty well stocked up on ELD-M’s and they shoot pretty darn good. Wife shot through the shoulder of a 75 lb pig and I was hoping that was enough testing to try them out on a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                  Dang. That’s not what I was wanting to hear.

I’m pretty well stocked up on ELD-M’s and they shoot pretty darn good. Wife shot through the shoulder of a 75 lb pig and I was hoping that was enough testing to try them out on a deer.
                  They will kill a deer… like anything. Pick your shot. Don’t ask it to do what a 300 MAG will do and you will have an annihilated deer. Lol

Broadside only. Through the ribs and you will have 40# of jello inside

Comment

Should note: everything I killed with the BLACK were within 50 yards… so it was as full muzzle speed. 100-200 yards I don’t know the answer to their performance. The fusion out to 150 stays bonded VERY WELL.

Eld-m on bigger boars or heavy bone strike, might have less than desirable results “might”. I’ve gotten entrances and exit on the same side! As well as 1 in and 3 out! And 1 in shoulder and what was left went down leg bone and broke knee of same shoulder. About 1/4 of the bullet remained. Rest was like Christmas tensel smeared around. That pig was only one I shot twice. He took the first like a boss and came back 15 minutes later. Shot again and dropped him. Bullets were less than 1” apart on entrance

Comment

Crazy sporadic results.

My intentions were 200 yards max, on deer, white patch on neck, or if broadside pocket behind shoulder. Hoping for pass through with severe internal damage and hopefully a good blood trail.

May just reserve it for predator hunting and opportunistic hogs.

Comment

We’ve had great luck with the SSTs, on likely over 100 deer and pigs.

I found the details on my upper…

Comment

Check with Sgt of Arms in Crowley. They build fantastic AR pistol and rifles. I’ve got a 12.5” AR pistol in 6.5 Grendel shooting 123 SST and grouping 1.25” at 100yds with 6 power scope. Have shot 6 pigs and 2 coyotes and all dead in last 2 months with it. I’d think a rifle in a 18” barrel would be great for him to grow into. Very mild recoil and feel like 200yds and in it will be great for him.

Comment

The Hornady Black ELD-M’s work fantastic on deer out to 210yds in 12.5” Grendel. It mushroomed great and I found 119 gr of bullet still in tact in the offside shoulder of this 175 lb buck. It had a massive wound channel. I personally wouldn’t shoot it too much further on a deer this size or larger, but I was extremely pleased with its performance. When it hit the buck, the buck dropped like a sack of taters.
                            It’s sighted in at 100 yds so…

@ muzzle 2255 fps

100 - 0
                            150 - 2.25”
                            200 - 6.25”
                            250 - 12.6”
                            300 - 21.25”
                            350 - 32.5”
                            400 - 46.5”

That said, my furthest kill is 381yds on about 100 lbs sow. It’s capable. ��

Last edited by lglidewell; 11-24-2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Comment

That’s awesome!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Working...
                                X