Scope Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope Suggestions Please

I don't shoot much anymore, but did get out and shoot a bit today. I quickly learned that my 2.5-10x, 30 year old Burris doesn't work for these old eyes any longer! I'm looking for something to put on my Sendero 7mag and realistically I'll be shooting 100-200 yards max for hunting, but would like to shoot some paper a bit farther. I've been out of the game so long that I really don't know where to start. I do have an AR with a Nikon Black 4-16 on it and I can see pretty well with it so I'm thinking something in that power range would be sufficient. I'm not able to spend a ton on a scope so what are some budget minded options that you guys have had good luck with? I know you get what you pay for with optics, but hopeful I can find something pretty fair in the $600-$800 range. Thanks and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Burris veracity or leupold vx3

I’m a Burris fan. Don’t buy a vortex.

In that money range you should be able to find some pretty solid options.

Comment

A Leupold VX5HD 3-15 would be at the top of that price range but it offers all the glass, magnification and elevation you need for that Sendero! They have some VX3 options with 4.5-14x magnification that are closer to $550-600 as well.

Id also consider a used Bushnell LRHS.

Comment

Leupold VX3 line would be a solid choice.
        I recently purchased a Meopta Optika 6 and am floored at the optical quality and how feature rich the optic is. IMO its worth a look.

Comment

Scope Suggestions Please

Leupold VX5HD. New will be a little over your budget, but you can find a used one in that price range easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Raider4044; 11-20-2022, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Leupold vx5 3-15 allllll day.

Pretty good jump in performance over the vx3.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Leupold vx5 3-15 allllll day.

Pretty good jump in performance over the vx3.
              Yep, or a used VX6. I picked up a 3-18 VX6 for $900 the other day. Great scope!
              Last edited by mzurovec; 11-20-2022, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                Yep, or a used VX6. I picked up a 3-18 VX6 for $900 the other day. Great scope!
                Good snag! Trade for a 3-15 vx5?

Comment

Looks like Leupold is by far and away what I need to look for! I've seen some sales on the Mark 4 scopes. Where do they fall in regards to quality compared to the VX-3s and Vx-5's? Thanks guys!

Comment

I might have either a mounted never fired OR a fired 18 shots Leupold VX5-HD 3-15x44 Duplex up for sale soon.

-M

Comment

I’m in the VX3HD 3x10 camp for your application. I have one up to 14 power and would never never dial it up past 10 at 200 yards. Most of the time, I shoot it at 4.5.

Comment

Vx3hd 4.5-14x40 has been my go to suggestion budget friendly scope for years. It really is a great optic. The vx5 is nicer but also cost more. And for your use the vx3 probably be sufficient.

I normally shoot June at 4.5 99% or the time for coyotes but having that extra 14.5 in your back pocket is nice for those precision shots or just confirming you want to kill that buck before you actually pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                          Vx3hd 4.5-14x40 has been my go to suggestion budget friendly scope for years. It really is a great optic. The vx5 is nicer but also cost more. And for your use the vx3 probably be sufficient.

I normally shoot June at 4.5 99% or the time for coyotes but having that extra 14.5 in your back pocket is nice for those precision shots or just confirming you want to kill that buck before you actually pull the trigger.

This is kind of what I'm leaning towards as far as magnification range. For my eyes 10x just isn't working for trying to shoot small groups, but the 12-14 range is much better. At least at 100 yards. For hunting 10x seems fine most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                            I might have either a mounted never fired OR a fired 18 shots Leupold VX5-HD 3-15x44 Duplex up for sale soon.

-M
                            Let us know if OP passes!

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                              Let us know if OP passes!
                              I'm still trying to figure out what route I want to take so feel free to go for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X