PTO issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTO issue

Im guessing seat safety switch is kaput. Out mowing and if I start making sharp turns or backing up and moving forward frequently my PTO dies. Usually fights for a few seconds but always it dies. Starts right back up after the fuel settles. I zip tied the seat safety switch into the engaged position and it works a little better but still cant go more than 20 minutes at a time without it dying.

Safety switch replace or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ætheling; 09-18-2022, 06:12 PM.

I'm confused. The tractor dies? The problem stops?

Comment

Riding Lawnmower?

Comment

PTO issue

Kubota tractor. The PTO dies then the tractor engine while shredding when the tractor is getting bounced around. No other issues, not over heating. Engine will start back up in a couple minutes and run all day if the PTO isnt used. If using the PTO I get 20 minutes max of run time before it dies again.

Comment

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A THREAD WHERE YOU WANTED TO USE YOUR PAID TIME OFF AND THE BOSS WOULDNT APPROVE IT......

Thats the first thing i think when i see PTO

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
            I THOUGHT THIS WAS A THREAD WHERE YOU WANTED TO USE YOUR PAID TIME OFF AND THE BOSS WOULDNT APPROVE IT......

Thats the first thing i think when i see PTO

Haha.

Comment

Fuel filter or fuel tank vent. Lugging harder running the pto?

Clogged air filter or crimped exhaust could do the same.
              Last edited by GarGuy; 09-18-2022, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Post this on Orange Tractors Talks. There are Kubota techs that follow.

Comment

I wold bypass the seat switch . Give it a try . If that don’t fix it bypass the pto switch . Then replace the one that is causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Fuel filter or fuel tank vent. Lugging harder running the pto?

Clogged air filter or crimped exhaust could do the same.

Runs fine and clean until it decides to die but Ill check filters and exhaust to make sure.

Comment

Fuel filter or screen, I’ve got a 9960 that does this. May be something in the tank stopping up the suction tube?

Comment

Its under full Kubota warranty but I hate to have to haul it in for something simple. Im positive its a switch issue just not sure what. Also hate to start throwing parts at it. Ill check on the K forum as suggested

Comment

What size tractor is it?

Comment

PTO issue

Originally posted by ditchdigger2 View Post
                            Fuel filter or screen, I’ve got a 9960 that does this. May be something in the tank stopping up the suction tube?

Ill check everything tomorrow. Its a cream puff. Just got it I think I have less than 60 hours on it but its been in the deep mud a couple times but its been running fine and still does until its PTO time. 34hp. HST. I had the same model at my old place and it ran forever with just grease and oil changes and I put it through hell.

Last edited by Ætheling; 09-18-2022, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                              Ill check everything tomorrow. Its a cream puff. Just got it I think I have less than 60 hours on it but its been in the deep mud a couple times but its been running fine and still does until its PTO time. 34hp. HST. I had the same model at my old place and it ran forever with just grease and oil changes and I put it through hell.

Tell me about this..........

Comment

Working...
                              X