Porterhouse Deal Alert Kroger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porterhouse Deal Alert Kroger

Never heard of USDA certified tender before but bought these before and they are money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck of a deal. Hope my Kroger has some when I pick up the brisket.

Comment

I was at Kroger this morning and they only had boneless ribeyes on sale, $6.77lb. Also had brisket and st louis ribs on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
        I was at Kroger this morning and they only had boneless ribeyes on sale, $6.77lb. Also had brisket and st louis ribs on sale.
        Same here.

Comment

I’ve found out sometimes Kay roger will do in store sells if they have to clear their freezers. May be why you see at one store and not the other. I know ribeyes were in this weeks ad

Comment

via the googles:

USDA Certified Tender or Very Tender is a marketing program that aids consumers in making decisions on which beef cuts to purchase, and allows beef processors to market products as USDA Certified Tender or Very Tender. In order to become qualified to carry the Tender or Very Tender label, wholesalers or retailers are required to have certain beef muscles pass a slice shear force test that determines the tenderness of the muscle and associated muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              via the googles:

USDA Certified Tender or Very Tender is a marketing program that aids consumers in making decisions on which beef cuts to purchase, and allows beef processors to market products as USDA Certified Tender or Very Tender. In order to become qualified to carry the Tender or Very Tender label, wholesalers or retailers are required to have certain beef muscles pass a slice shear force test that determines the tenderness of the muscle and associated muscles.

Cool. They are well marbled and definitely very tender. At least there is a metric associated with it and not just a marketing scam.

Comment

They had some Nolan Ryan ribeyes and filets in sale at my local kroger and I snatches those up a few weeks ago. They were fantastic. I am sure those will be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  They had some Nolan Ryan ribeyes and filets in sale at my local kroger and I snatches those up a few weeks ago. They were fantastic. I am sure those will be excellent.

Oh they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                    Oh they are.

You are living life the right way.

Comment

Man, guessing Kroger Nolan Ryan beef is better than it used to be. I bought some 3-4 years ago a couple times (wasn’t sure at the time of it was just a one off deal), that was supposed to be prime and it was horrible.

I may have to give it a try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        Man, guessing Kroger Nolan Ryan beef is better than it used to be. I bought some 3-4 years ago a couple times (wasn’t sure at the time of it was just a one off deal), that was supposed to be prime and it was horrible.

I may have to give it a try again.
                        May be hit or miss. We picked up some a month ago and it wasn't very good, so this thread was a surprise.

Our go to is prime from heb or Costco so maybe I'm comparing apples to Oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          Oh they are.

That looks delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                            May be hit or miss. We picked up some a month ago and it wasn't very good, so this thread was a surprise.

Our go to is prime from heb or Costco so maybe I'm comparing apples to Oranges.
                            Thanks, I thought maybe it was just me.

Surprisingly, our go to is Aldi, when they have inventory. The quality is surprisingly great. It is prime (even though not labeled) and never frozen. Get other meats there as well, including salmon.

Comment

HEB offered me a $20 coupon by email for curbside order of $100 or more. I ordered steaks. I had to enter the code at checkout.
                              Last edited by BarBBar; 09-03-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X