TPWD CWD meeting in Alice on the 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD CWD meeting in Alice on the 22nd

Anyone going to this meeting? Apparently CWD has been found in Duval County and the place I hunt is under mandatory CWD testing. TPWD sent out a letter they are holding a public meeting in Alice to discuss.

Sometimes I feel like CWD is the Covid of the deer world.

Comment

They held one last year and my aunt and uncle attended. I think they just talked about what CWD is and the testing areas.

I wouldn't drive from La Vernia to attend. If they go again and I get the cliff notes I can let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Sometimes I feel like CWD is the Covid of the deer world.
        If these idiot breeders would just make the deer mask up, all this could be avoided .

So can we say TPWD = Fauci

Comment

Looking at the paperwork from last year this was because of 1 deer testing positive in a breeding facility. After they collected samples last season I guess they found at least 1 more.

Edit: Looks like they may have gone to mandatory because they didn't get enough samples

Voluntary sampling efforts will play a critical role in determining the prevalence of Chronic Wasting Disease in the area and the potential need for seasonal check stations and mandatory sampling requirements. The TPWD Check Station in Hondo and the associated regulations have been a benchmark in monitoring success for CWD in that area. If adequate sampling cannot be achieved under voluntary means, then the TPWD Commission may choose to implement a mandatory sampling protocol.
          Last edited by SmTx; 09-19-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I am living in CC these days. Might take a trip just to listen to what they say. If its mandatory testing, then I would assume you keep the meat frozen until you get either a confirmed positive/negative?

Comment

It's all about who you are and how much pull you have. Ox Ranch had one test positive, but they weren't made to kill their stock like other breeders. They had to submit to monitoring, and supposedly didn't have any more positive tests. I'm not sure what to believer there.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                It's all about who you are and how much pull you have. Ox Ranch had one test positive, but they weren't made to kill their stock like other breeders. They had to submit to monitoring, and supposedly didn't have any more positive tests. I'm not sure what to believer there.

That’s VERY hard to believe!! We border Hidden Antler Ranch in Jim Wells county and I’m wondering what kind of genetics they are bringing in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you make it to the meeting?

Comment

Thanks Biden

Comment

Bad deal

Comment

Did anyone get a chance to make it to this meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X