Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven’t been able to find them

Comment

Go to Castle Hills in San Antonio, the ground and trees are probably thick with white wings and morning doves. That area of town used to always be thick with them, when I to go to that area of down, during dove season.

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
        They all go to the city on the 1st. 3 sits this weekend and saw 8 birds. None within range except the one that was, I hit and it flew about 30 feet the other side of a high fence that borders our lease property.
        That sounds like our family farm growing up. The majority of the dove we would see all day, would be flying low and fast, about 100 yards the other side of the fence over the neighbor's property. On rare occasions, they would fly right down the fence line, just over the tops of the mesquite trees, which that's where we would be hanging out. All we would see were flashes of birds going directly over our heads, through the tops of the trees. People would be jumping up, running out away from the trees trying to get off shots at them, before they were out of site. 98% they escaped unharmed.

We had good quail hunting on that place, it made up for the crappy dove hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
          Buddy sent a video from hunting Lubbock this weekend...... dove looked thicker than mosquitos in Alaska.
          Hope it stays that way. Headed up there on Tuesday next week for an evening hunt. It’s usually really good up there every time I go.

Comment

Working...
          X