Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
    Nobody mentioned Twin Peaks.

Never been to one and have no interest. .
    They have the best food of any of the big Breastaurants….

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
      They have the best food of any of the big Breastaurants….
      Agreed. I’d rather go there than hooters.

Now the beer, $2 tall draft zeginbachs when I used to go often. That was the real reason I showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
        McDonald's. Haven't eaten there since I seen a video of a 15 to 20 yr old happy meal on YouTube. None of the food had mold on it and even though it was hard as petrified wood it still looked like the day it was put together.
        Similair story i saw where the guy found the 25 year old double cheeseburger in his winter coat pocket that he had never unwrapped and eatin. It still looked like he bought it that very morning. Pretty much sealed the deal with me on mcdonalds, and similair fast food joints. Not putting a food flavored chemical meal in my body.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
          Perrys. Sorriest overrated high dollar low quality food I've ever eaten.
          You’re entitled to have an opinion, and be dead wrong.

Comment

I quit Cracker Barrel for 2 reasons. Everything tastes the same no matter what you order and it has a racist name. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
              Whataburger
              I agree…whataburger

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                I must have a cast iron stomach because there's not one restaurant, or fast food joint for that matter, I can think of, that gives me any kind of obvious/unusual gastric reaction.
                Carry on......

Underrated post! I'm with you here....

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                  Golden Corral.
                  That's one of those places, I just won't go back to, for any reason. The one in New Braunfels, the floor was so sticking, it was like walking on a very well prepped starting line. It would peel your shoes off, trying to walk around. They must pay off the local health inspector.

Comment

Several of the places mentioned I don't like but if easting gives you the runs either it's spoiled food or y'all are a bunch of sissies...

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                      There’s a lot of places I’ve just never gone to. Places like Long John silvers and winerschnitchil (however it’s spelled) just never appealed to me
                      The worse case of food poising I ever got was from a Weinerschnitzle on Staples in Corpus. Not probably a candidate for this list I I have and never will eat at one again.

Comment

I nearly went to LJS yesterday. Aint been in awhile, but it is gonna happen.

I carry 2 bttls of that vinegar to the table. One to drink and one to drown the fish with!

Comment

All of these restaurants that have y'all in gastric dismay, are my personal favorites. McDonalds, Taco Bell, LJS, Cracker Barrel, Panchos and many various taco trucks all make life just a little bit better than it could be. But I have a wide range of tastes....I enjoy a nice steak from Vic and Anthony's almost as much as I enjoy a McRib or a chicken flauta with that heavenly cheese from Panchos.

I can tell from this thread, the ones of you that request sparkling water when the waiter ask "is tap water fine?". RIP Manly Innards

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                            I nearly went to LJS yesterday. Aint been in awhile, but it is gonna happen.

I carry 2 bttls of that vinegar to the table. One to drink and one to drown the fish with!
                            Is it possible to just smother all the items with catsup/ketchup. I’ve heard there are folks who even cover scrambled eggs with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              The worse case of food poising I ever got was from a Weinerschnitzle on Staples in Corpus. Not probably a candidate for this list I I have and never will eat at one again.
                              I have not eaten at a Weinerschnitzle since I was about 8 years old. I think back in the 70s, they were pretty good and cheap. Back in the 70s, our mother only took us to the cheapest places to eat, that was one of them. Them and McDonalds, then Chick-Fil-A, back then they were only in malls. I think they started the food courts in the malls.

There is a Wienerschnitzle in San Marcos, that I see a couple times a year. Each time I think about stopping and trying the stuff, but I really don't like hotdogs at all. But do remember Wienerschhitzle being a different flavor, unique only to them, but it's been over 40 years since I have eat there. I can't make my self stop and try out the food at the location in San Marcos, I am sure I will eat one or two bites and toss it in the garbage can.

All of those Winerschnitzles in Corpus are in the same location they were in, back in the 70s, no new locations since the 70s. I think they have done some minor remodeling to them over the years, but I think they are still all the same old buildings too.

Comment

Multiple people have brought up the Fish Net in Corpus, was that place at one time called Barnacle Bill's?

I remember some time in the later 80s, there was a place that opened up on SPID, I think near Webber, that had cheap sea food. I have been thinking that was Barnacle Bill's, but it might have been the Fish Net. I remember the food being cheap sea food, it was edible but definitely not great food.

Comment

Working...
                                X