Lake Meredith 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Meredith 2023

I been looking to do some Mule/Whitetail deer Bow hunting out in Lake Meredith, I came across a few older threads with a lot of good info. I'm thinking of hunting Lake Meredith this season and wanted to get thread started for this year.

Ive hunted whitetail in east Texas, I am new to mule deer hunting and have not hunted in Texas hill country and Ive got tons of question.

Who planning on doing some bow hunting this season?

I assume Snake boots are needed any suggestions for that type of terrain?

Have any of you shot a whitetail or Mule deer in lake Meredith with a bow, if so what was the shot distance?

What type of optics did yall use and how did you like them?

Anybody interested in doing a group archery hunt?

Texas Hill Country? Is there another Lake Meredith not in the Texas Panhandle?

Comment

Originally posted by ldsalmon View Post
      Texas Hill Country? Is there another Lake Meredith not in the Texas Panhandle?
      ldsalmon, you are right I guess hill country is more out midwest texas, I guess I just meant I haven't hunted in an area with a lot of hills/canyons.

Comment

I don't know about Meredith, but my shots in Arizona on Mule deer are 40 plus. My closest was 45 and furthest I would shoot was 60. A guide I hunted with a few years ago said practice at 100. That way you know you are comfortable at the shorter ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          I don't know about Meredith, but my shots in Arizona on Mule deer are 40 plus. My closest was 45 and furthest I would shoot was 60. A guide I hunted with a few years ago said practice at 100. That way you know you are comfortable at the shorter ranges.
          Thanks jnd1959, thats about the range I'm was thinking. I wanted to make sure it was realistic, I like the idea of shooting further to get comfortable.

Comment

Working...
          X