Post your public land kills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking trophy wall right there.

Alec I love the shape of that tall rack on that buck, nice.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
      Here is his final resting place, next to my 2018 public land archery buck on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dang, you have it figured out!

Comment

Public land kills are a trophy in itself. The post of the Javi in AZ is tough with a bow!! My dream is to take an Archery Elk.

Comment

I finally got my first archery public land whitetail buck a few days ago. Just started hunting a few years ago and have had a steep learning curve. It’s been a rewarding experience. I appreciate the folks that have helped accelerate my learning in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
            I finally got my first archery public land whitetail buck a few days ago. Just started hunting a few years ago and have had a steep learning curve. It’s been a rewarding experience. I appreciate the folks that have helped accelerate my learning in this sport.

Sweet buck! And great shot! Congrats!

Comment

My goodness.......you couldn’t shoot a little one for your first
              Congrats on a great buck

Comment

Holy smokes Ispdnxs, you sure picked a dandy for your first... what'ya got planned for next year? lol

Comment

Awesome! Congrats. Any tips you can offer? This time of year is tough. Did you shoot him on a trail or near bedding? What was your plan of attack?

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
                    Awesome! Congrats. Any tips you can offer? This time of year is tough. Did you shoot him on a trail or near bedding? What was your plan of attack?
                    Thanks y’all. It’s really just a great spot overall. There are several groups of does that bed nearby and I saw bucks there in the summer and after a previous season when they were in bachelor groups. I hunted the area before during rut and late season when I had a permit there previously. This year I decided to sit it earlier. I’m hunting 4-5 different public land spots this year, so hopefully I can build on this. My goal is to punch all my tags this year. One thing that I feel has improved the number of sightings is to be as quiet as possible getting in, even if that means getting to my spot a little later than I would like. So many people stress getting in a hour or so before first light or so many hours before last light. I think I used to rush and spook more deer. Just my current opinion based on my limited experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                      I’m not revealing which public land but I will tell you it wasn’t very elusive. Good luck to everyone out there.
                      nice!

Comment

Originally posted by urbanbuck View Post
                        be sure and tell everyone exactly what parcel of public land you killed it on so that way everyone has a shot .......and also if it is a drawn hunt, i am sorry but i don't consider that public land. Public land is land that anyone can access and hunt at anytime.
                        lmao!! :d

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          I'm sorry you feel that way. How about you contribute to the thread with some public land kills instead of telling people what is public land and what is not.
                          hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Very nice Redneck, congrats
                            Thank you

Comment

Here's my second deer of the year. And my personal best. I think I found my favorite WMA.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck BW ! Congrats !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X