Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming draw results

Elk draw is up.

Who's hunting elk in Wyoming and I'll bump this up for deer and pronghorn later.

Leftover list out in June, don't give up yet.

Elk numbers are way high in Wyoming and right now mountains are looking pretty good. Another good snow coming this weekend.
    Fires popping up in Colorado already though. Pray for NM if you have a tag there.

Who's hunting elk in Wyoming this year?

Wish I was. Wyoming was my last hope. Looks like its CO for me. But with only 2 points in the Gen Reg drawing I knew my chances were slim.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Elk draw is up.

Who's hunting elk in Wyoming and I'll bump this up for deer and pronghorn later.

Leftover list out in June, don't give up yet.

Elk numbers are way high in Wyoming and right now mountains are looking pretty good. Another good snow coming this weekend.
      Fires popping up in Colorado already though. Pray for NM if you have a tag there.

Are there any OTC opportunities??

Comment

My son draw a cow tag. His first trip, we will be in unit 16.
        I'm in accumulating PP mode as I draw last year on my first cow hunt.

Comment

No OTC for NR in Wyoming, helps keep our hunting pretty good all over the state.

Leftover list for that draw comes out in June for the July draw.

I guess technically some may become OTC in July after the last draw. After the leftover draw any licenses not drawn go OTC.

Beware of some cow elk areas, Area 6 for example, is mostly private and very hard to fill those licenses. Access is very hard to get even though there are too many elk in that area. There will be hundreds of those tags left in Area 6.

Comment

No OTC for NR in Wyoming, helps keep our hunting pretty good all over the state.

Leftover list for that draw comes out in June for the July draw.

I guess technically some may become OTC in July after the last draw. After the leftover draw any licenses not drawn go OTC.

Beware of some cow elk areas, Area 6 for example, is mostly private and very hard to fill those licenses. Access is very hard to get even though there are too many elk in that area. There will be hundreds of those tags left in Area 6.
            Do you know if there are typically any really late season cow tags leftover? I know that means winter range which is a lot of times private land but with a baby due in October, a really late season hunt may be my only option at a possible elk hunt this year.

Comment

Got lucky and drew a Unit 7 Type 1 tag that I had very low odds for… planning on getting an archery stamp and hunting sometime in September… most likely look into an outfitter.

Comment

Not me. Applied for Gen with 3 points and also Cow tags, both Unsuccessful. Same for wifey.

Comment

There will be some Type 4 cow tags left over but they are full price licenses. They usually go late in season.
                  Area 7 will have some and maybe area 11. 11-4 will have some private access late we have been told by G&F folks and a landowner.

I'm betting a few Type 4 cow tags will be left scattered across the state, any type 6 or 7 cow tags will have access issues.

Comment

Utah has been drawn as well. Just had my CC hit on Monday. Don't want to hijack the thread but good luck to everyone hunting out west this year!

Comment

I drew for another bull tag this year !!!
                      Yeah boyyeeeeee……

Comment

Are whitetails and mule deer draw-only too?

Sorry to veer off course. I know that's not elk related...

Comment

My brother in law just inherited property/house on Bridger National Forest. He's say they used to hunt elk there growing up all the time. Anyone know how I would go about applying for a non-resident draw tag for that area? He said I could use the house if I found out how to get a tag?

Comment

I drew my elk tag!

Comment

I thought I would finally draw with my 10 pref points since that's what it took last year. Double the amount of people with 11 applied this year, so no tag for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X