No announcement yet.

Armadillo recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in Mexico and these folks love armadillos and coons.... One of my guys was in my office and we were going through some TC pictures and he saw the armadillos and coons and went crazy, talking about how good they were... Even told me that the armadillo has three different types of meat, similar to a chicken, white, dark and some other kind of meat, I didn't understand what he was trying to say... My spanlish has me a bit limited...

I say, if you like em and you know how to cook them to make them taste good, get after it.... Me, when all the deer are gone, I *might* start chasing after them to make table fare but until I have to make that decision, I will pass on the dillas and coons....

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
      I usually place the meat on a cedar board and soak it with Teriaki sauce for about 8 hours then grill it. After grilling, dump the dillo meat in the trash can and eat the cedar board..
      Thanks EZ-10RANCH, now i got coffe all over the keybord and the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiroHuntR View Post
        Come on now ya'll... The man asked a simple question, If you don't eat it or just don't like it, or just don't have anything nice to say, don't add it. If the man wants to eat em' let him be. I'm feeling bad for the feller. Had'n come back to reply b/c I'm sure he'll be reamed again.
        Originally posted by firstlar View Post
        Man you guys are harsh on a fella,I never had dillo before. I thought dillo ate ruts and grubs stuff like that. Are they really that nasty or has everyone just heard from someone else that they taste bad? Interested in hearing from anybody that has eaten them .
        I'll have to agree with these two fellers. And this thread is not setting to good of an example for the first timers .

Comment

im with ez-10 on that one

Comment

I ate it once, cooked by some hillbilly type girls down in Concan Texas. They baked it with potatoes. It was really good. Don't know how the cleaned it, seasoned it, or anything else. I just know they did it justice, i'd eat it again, if i new how to cook it. Heck i eat wild hog, what do they carry? the meat in the grocery store has been known to take a few people down as well. just be careful, like with any other meat out there. That's my opinion. But, i'll try anything once, this side of a terd.

Comment

We used to eat them a lot when we were kids. Then we heard about the leprosy and haven't eaten any since. Mom always used her squirrel stew recipe on them.

Comment

Working...
              X