No announcement yet.

Top gun: maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just haven't been able to get over my disdain for Cruise or Hollywood, but you guys sure have my interest piqued.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      I took my son to watch it. Wasn't enough to keep the 7 year old son awake after just 30 minutes. Even the afterburners didn't wake him back up. ahh.. well. I tried to make a father son moment.
      Having said that I thought the movie was great. I have never seen the first one, but since it was such an iconic film I still caught "most" the references to it from parodies, movie clips etc I have seen growing up of the first one. It had great classical movie feel to it....no wokeness and out of place characters that checked boxes. What movies used to be like. Having watched so much netflix and disney ...I forgot what that felt like.
      But the biggest takeaway for me personally is that it made me feel old. Seeing Tom Cruise well aged and all the young cadets so much younger than him/me now taking control of the planes etc....just really made me realize how old I was. I know that sounds weird but man I left that movie feeling old as dirt. LOL
      This is just un-American...

Comment

Saw it last night. It was fun but seemed like it tried way too hard to capture all the same elements that made the first film original and great.
        As an A&P and a vet I'm a tough critic of aviation stuff and I had to just suspend disbelief to keep from being frustrated for most of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          This is just un-American...
          I've seen Harry and the Hendersons over 10 times...should make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            I've seen Harry and the Hendersons over 10 times...should make up for it.

Comment

Very good movie…. The flying scenes were phenomenal…

The 5th gen bad guy drifting in air was crazy

Comment

TG Maverick is now Cruise’s all time highest grossing movie worldwide and for the moment (probably very short) it is #89 all time.

At $800+ million already, another $200M will put it in the top 30 all time.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                  Just haven't been able to get over my disdain for Cruise or Hollywood, but you guys sure have my interest piqued.
                  Same for me, not a Tom fan. But I went last night with the wife anyway. It's a good movie with the same cheezy lines like the original. The flying scenes make the movie. They're really good. The acting, not so much.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife and I give two BIG thumbs up.

Thinking we'll go again. I love that buttery-wet popcorn.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

We watched it last night at the drive in, gotta say it was pretty good. The drive in was a different experience as well. Might go back and watch it in the theater now.

Comment

I saw it and it was OK. I thought the first one was better.

Side note: The Notre Dame baseball team watched it and decided to grow mustaches after seeing Roosters in the movie. All the players that can grow one has one.

Kids, lol

Comment

Big Jocko fan watch his podcast and read a few of his books

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                            Same for me, not a Tom fan. But I went last night with the wife anyway. It's a good movie with the same cheezy lines like the original. The flying scenes make the movie. They're really good. The acting, not so much.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                            I despise TC but still enjoyed the movie and have no problem glorifying Naval aviators even with Hollywood's spin.

Comment

In the dog fight at the end was Maverick going to eject or stay? What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty darn good movie

Comment

Working...
                                X