Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked him! Great deer, congrats!

Comment

Great buck and a perfect shot! Congrats!

Comment

Great buck. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Great video, beautiful deer and a helluva shot in the deadly V. Nice seeing that sucker fall in sight!

What broadhead?
          My son and I both used grim reaper broadheads. I have been using them the last couple of years and they are deadly.

A couple of people asked about the age of the deer and I honestly do not know. The ranch manager knew of the deer and said that he was even better last year. I hunted the same stand last year, but as far as I know I never saw him.
          The ranch manager indicated that he was mature last year so I assume that means he thought he was at least 6.5.

Comment

Originally posted by stickfigure View Post
            My son and I both used grim reaper broadheads. I have been using them the last couple of years and they are deadly.

A couple of people asked about the age of the deer and I honestly do not know. The ranch manager knew of the deer and said that he was even better last year. I hunted the same stand last year, but as far as I know I never saw him.
            The ranch manager indicated that he was mature last year so I assume that means he thought he was at least 6.5.

Watch em drop! Big GR fan here as well..

Comment

Originally posted by stickfigure View Post
              The weekend of January 15th I went to the Hale Ranch, a 3000 acre high fenced ranch near Batesville, to hunt with my son and some other friends. I have hunted this ranch many times over the last 15 years so I had a good idea what they have to offer. I wasn't really sure what it was I wanted to hunt for, but knew I would see several mature bucks and could make up my mind at the time. (some day I really really want to shoot a 150+ inch 8 point)

I was dropped off at my stand Friday morning and within a few minutes of being dropped off already had a good buck eating corn in front of me before daylight. I had, probably, 20 deer come in to where I was hunting with about 10 of them being bucks. A few of the bucks were mature, but the ones I was most interested in were broken up. One of the bucks, that was not broken up, was a giant, but I couldn't talk myself into shooting him on the first morning of the hunt.

After talking to the ranch manager about the big, unbroken, deer I saw, he couldn't believe I passed on him.

I decided to go back to the same stand that evening to see if he came back to give me another opportunity.

He showed back up about 5 and began to pose in front of me at about 20 yards so I hit record on my camera.....

Big Deer - YouTube

We ended up having a great weekend with 6 mature bucks being shot. Three were shot with a bow and all ended up being easy to find after the shot. I am grateful to have gotten to share such a special hunt with son and great longtime friends.
              Beautiful deer!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                Congrats sir! Perfect shot. I'll be interested in the age as well. It's a beautiful place they have out there.
                This landscape makes me want to leave behind the piney woods of east Texas.

Comment

Great deer.
                  Great shot

Comment

That was awesome!!! Waited till he had that leg forward giving you those vitals, perfect shot. Congrats man, really enjoyed that video. This is a text book of what you show a new bow hunter to wait for. Beautiful buck

Comment

Great job, congrats

Comment

That's my idea of a perfect deer! Congrats on the shot, deer, etc!

Comment

Awesome buck, shot and video! Love getting to see them when they fall!!

Comment

That's what I'm talking about. Great buck and video.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That couldn’t have come together any better. I switched to Grim Reapers halfway through the season, good to see these results. Congratulations on an awesome buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X