Need suggestions for headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need suggestions for headlight

I know I could drag up old threads but I haven't seen what I'm looking for exactly. I need a flashlight that I can throw in my backpack with spare batteries that will NOT accidentally turn on if something bumps into it. I don't really care for multiple bulb lights or multiple colors. Also I lean more towards battery life than lumens. Any good suggestions? Also if it's a color that shows blood better at night that's huge plus. I looked hard at the KAP 40 but to me looks like it could be accidentally turn on and looks a little bigger than I am thinking I want.

I have 3 black diamonds and take them everywhere. Use them in kansas on public and Colorado chasing elk. Will be going with me to Alaska next year as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know you said the KAP 40 was a little bigger than what you wanted but their website says you can unplug it from the battery pack so it can't be turned on accidentally.

Comment

40KAP has a plug on the side you disconnect. Piece of cake. It’s a little heavy but for what that thing can do, it’s expected.

Comment

Thanks guys I didn't know you could unplug the 40 kap. I'm pretty sure I've read it excels on blood trailing at night. So the extra weight doesn't bother me much.

Comment

Anything from fenix gets my vote.

Comment

I have had a surefire Maximus for 8 years.
              Sent it in last week because it wasn’t holding a charge like it used to.
              Surefire installed a new battery, replaced switch, headband cushion, and sent it back free of charge yesterday.

Comment

I have been happy with Coast. Lowes has some on the discount section by the register here for $6.xx, branded Craftsman

Comment

OLight Perun mini or Perun 2. Petzl and Black Diamond a close 2nd and 3rd. IMO

Comment

Holiday Specials & Black Friday Deals for Fenix Flashlights, Headlamps, Lanterns, & Bike Lights from the Official Fenix Store in the USA. Fast & Free USA Shipping

I have tried them all. This is the best I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                      Thanks guys I didn't know you could unplug the 40 kap. I'm pretty sure I've read it excels on blood trailing at night. So the extra weight doesn't bother me much.
                      Everyone else trailing with you may as well turn their lights off. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                        https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-hm...p-1400-lumens/
                        I have tried them all. This is the best I have found.
                        I use fenix also.. I have one for my deer bag and duck bag. I also bought an extra batter with a charger so I always have a battery ready to go.

Comment

fenix

Comment

I really like my KAP40.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I'm going with the sniper so I can use it to scan at night as well if I every get into predator hunting. As most of you know though you can never have too many flashlights or pocket knives so I'm sure the surefire will make it's appearance sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                              X