This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for everybody

So I found out today some of our fine local county workers have a “ private “ fishing pond on county land and use county tax dollars to pay maintenance and repairs on it...
    I ether want to fish the hell out of it or tell everybody in my county about it or go to the county about it and now the question is what would you do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People's tax dollars. I'd tell.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
      So I found out today some of our fine local county workers have a “ private “ fishing pond on county land and use county tax dollars to pay maintenance and repairs on it...
      I ether want to fish the hell out of it or tell everybody in my county about it or go to the county about it and now the question is what would you do ?

Sounds like you need to get a job with the county

Comment

"maintenance and repairs" on a pond?

many jobs have perks. go work for your county making $10-$20 an hour and fish all you want.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

many jobs have perks. go work for your county making $10-$20 an hour and fish all you want.
          Agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

Not much rain in these parts pump runs everyday pump pipe electrical parts needs replacing plus electric bill is being with tax dollars

Comment

tell `um " i fish or else !! "

Comment

There's enough corruption in government, if they are truly using tax dollars for fishing and not flood control or some other reason I would send it to the attorney general. A perk is one thing...stealing from the tax collection is another. After all who wants higher taxes so some workers can go fish. Small potatoes, but all those small potatoes add up.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                  Not much rain in these parts pump runs everyday pump pipe electrical parts needs replacing plus electric bill is being with tax dollars

so a few hundred dollars a year to help boost morale on a thankless job..... seems reasonable to me.

Comment

Sounds like the county judge needs to know just in case he wants to go fishing.

Comment

I got bigger fish to fry.

Comment

I think you need to keep your dang mouth shut and mind your own beeswax. Maybe they'll invite you, so long as they don't know about this post.

Comment

Originally posted by SL1 View Post
                          There's enough corruption in government, if they are truly using tax dollars for fishing and not flood control or some other reason I would send it to the attorney general. A perk is one thing...stealing from the tax collection is another. After all who wants higher taxes so some workers can go fish. Small potatoes, but all those small potatoes add up.
                          Really, Karen???

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            People's tax dollars. I'd tell.
                            X2

Comment

Depends!!
                              What kind of fish could I expect to catch!!
                              Has it been stocked?
                              Are they feeding the fish?

Comment

Working...
                              X