No announcement yet.

Quittin dippin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used Classic. It does not taste anywhere near like Cope but its the closest for me, it filled that spot in the cheek/gum and gave the burn sensation I missed. After a few weeks it started to taste alright. I used it for over a year to get me off cope. I finally got to where I tapered off of it. Everyone is different on how to quit something. Some can do cold turkey, some cant. Find whatever works for you and quit. I started when I was about 14 and quit when I was 49 I think. I am 52 now and I am ti the point that I do not miss it or even want it. Good luck, its a tough road for sure

Comment

A good way to get the first day over with is get so drunk that the hangover makes it sound disgusting.

Comment

I quit 5 years ago cold turkey. In the last 35 years I was smoking or dipping every day.

It can be done, just gonna be rough for the first couple of days.

This is a good read and helps explain why its so addictive and hard to quit

Pray every day for the strength to beat this addiction and thank the Lord for giving you the opportunity to quit before it destroys you

Comment

Quittin dippin

I quit cold turkey 9 yrs ago. And at times I craved it. Hunting and fishing really made me
          Crave it. Well I started dipping again a year ago. Decided I really needed to quit but I love dipping. Two weeks ago I came across an ad for back off and thought I’d give it a try. Well I’m two weeks tobacco free and really liking this stuff.

They have a natural flavor as well.

“The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I don’t get a buzz from it and probably haven’t for at least 10 years... I believe it’s just havin it there between my cheek and gum, I been at a can a day for probably the last 9 years 1/3 of the can every pinch. I’ve tried before to quit cold turkey and got to about 4 days before the temptation got me. That’s why I asked about the fake snuff that’s close to cope.

I appreciate all y’alls support and stories and this will be the last time I have to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by KBM View Post
              I don’t get a buzz from it and probably haven’t for at least 10 years... I believe it’s just havin it there between my cheek and gum, I been at a can a day for probably the last 9 years 1/3 of the can every pinch. I’ve tried before to quit cold turkey and got to about 4 days before the temptation got me. That’s why I asked about the fake snuff that’s close to cope.

I appreciate all y’alls support and stories and this will be the last time I have to quit.

This is my thing. Just having something in my lip while I work or play. And the backoff really helps.

Comment

I quit January 1. I chewed on sunflower seeds and coffee beans for a couple months. Unfortunately I still think about it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Yarbro55 View Post
                  I quit January 1. I chewed on sunflower seeds and coffee beans for a couple months. Unfortunately I still think about it every day.
                  It will get better!!!

Comment

30+ years of chewing, can’t tell you how many times I tried to quit. I few years ago I weened myself off by using the nicotine patches. What works for one might not work for all. Anyone who has tried to quit knows how hard it is...good luck.

Comment

Anyone tried Grinds..the coffee dip?! I need to look in to y'alls suggestions. I'm off and on..

Comment

Dipped Copenhagen Snuff for 24 years and loved it. Quit the day I retired from the Marines, new start. Cravings never quit. It’s been two years last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                          Anyone tried Grinds..the coffee dip?! I need to look in to y'alls suggestions. I'm off and on..
                          Didn't like it. It was just like sucking on candy. No where near dipping to me. No caffeine hit either, but that was just me. Try and do whatever it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post

I quit cold turkey 9 yrs ago. And at times I craved it. Hunting and fishing really made me
                            Crave it. Well I started dipping again a year ago. Decided I really needed to quit but I love dipping. Two weeks ago I came across an ad for back off and thought I’d give it a try. Well I’m two weeks tobacco free and really liking this stuff.

They have a natural flavor as well.

I may have to try it. I'm obviously hovering over this thread like a hawk because my last true dip was 5 days ago and I'm getting the shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                              I may have to try it. I'm obviously hovering over this thread like a hawk because my last true dip was 5 days ago and I'm getting the shakes.

Just do whatever you need to do to get over it. They’ll stop. You’ll feel a lot better when you’re on the other side of the hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dipped and chewed years ago. Not really hooked though. But I was bad hooked on cigarettes. My Doc kept telling to try and try and try till it takes.

I was trying the patch and told her I didn't want to just trade nic from smoking to a patch. She told me hogwash. It's not the nic that's the real bad, it's the smoke (and all the carcinogenics) going into my mouth, throat and lungs. Said she would much rather I had a patch than smoked.

I quit smoking, with help of the patch, two years ago this last April after 47+ years of smoking. The patch helps with the nic replacement while you work on the physical habits. Putting something in your mouth, fiddling with it in you mouth, carrying a can, etc... Those can be as bad to kick as the nic. Once the physical habits are getting under control you can step the nic down on the patch. Then voila!! You're done!!

Comment

Working...
                                X