Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail Mary Time on a Lease

hey yall,

I could use some prayers, luck and any help I can get from the green screen family!!!

went out to fill feeders, check blinds and seed food plots this weekend and the land owner told us not to bother... he just signed a contract to sell his land to a wind farm company. So now myself, my daughter and my brother in law are kickin rocks.. I know its late but anyone know of or have 2 spots available? we've hunted Oklahoma, west Texas and the hill country. don't need much just somewhere family oriented, and management minded so I keep my daughter exposed to a world outside of concrete and a Ipad.

thank you everyone in advance.

Our family has been looking for years... Live in Oklahoma now and still looking. If yall find anything and needing more lease members, keep us in mind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to my world also. Our lease is putting windmills up also. We lose ours after this season

Comment

Wind farms don’t buy the land they lease it for around 20 years. I’ve worked at plenty of farms that are still being leased to hunt. It just takes communication between wind farm employees and LO/Hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbailey_89 View Post
          Our family has been looking for years... Live in Oklahoma now and still looking. If yall find anything and needing more lease members, keep us in mind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
          will do brothar

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
            Wind farms don’t buy the land they lease it for around 20 years. I’ve worked at plenty of farms that are still being leased to hunt. It just takes communication between wind farm employees and LO/Hunters.
            maybe so. but with the amount of construction that is about to begin hunting that land is done for the next few years at least.

Comment

They throw them up rather quickly and animals will adjust to it. Wouldn't give up on a lease because of it.

Originally posted by wreckem04 View Post
              maybe so. but with the amount of construction that is about to begin hunting that land is done for the next few years at least.

Comment

didn't give up. i showed up to fill feeders and plant food plots and was told that i wasn't going to be allowed on the the property anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by wreckem04 View Post
                  didn't give up. i showed up to fill feeders and plant food plots and was told that i wasn't going to be allowed on the the property anymore.

I think a couple people missed that part.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Sounds like the land owner will remain the land owner, and with this new income he's decided leasing isn't worth it any longer. That bit about selling it was just him making it an easier sell to you.

Comment

I've been searching for a place for my family and I for years. During my search I have been told I should just buy my own place. Sounds so simple doesn't it?lol

Good luck to you in your search...hope you are able to find something.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        I've been searching for a place for my family and I for years. During my search I have been told I should just buy my own place. Sounds so simple doesn't it?lol
                        It's just money. Write that check.

Comment

I would have bought along time ago if it wasn’t for that required 20% down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Good luck to you in your search...hope you are able to find something.
                            Start charging for weather updates. I kid I kid

Comment

Working...
                            X