Easton FMJ Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easton FMJ Opinions.

Considering switching over to these or the infused axis. Moved to CO so will be doing more big game hunting. Always shot carbon. Iv heard mixed reviews about the FMJs with them bending and warping, yet some people swear by them for elk and larger game. Just looking for some first hand reviews pros/cons on here.

I used them for a very brief time. They defeat the purpose of using carbon arrows.... They get any damage to the jacket and you have to throw it away. At least with a carbon arrow you know when its messed up before you shoot it!! IMO

Comment

Not much help on the big game side, but I've used them for 3 years for white tail and hogs and have no complaints yet

Comment

I've been shooting FMJs since 2010 and to date I've probably had 3-4 get bent. Best hunting arrow I've used to date and still using

Comment

They are awesome arrows been using them for the last 4 years never had a problem with one.

Comment

Thanks for the responses fellas

Comment

I’m very picky when it comes to arrows and broadheads. I started using the FMJ’s a couple years ago and I really like ‘em. I have had no issues with them what’s so ever during the off season or shooting a lot of critters with ‘em. I have no plans on changing....Which is saying a lot cause I used to like to tinker. Lol

My current set up is my favorite to date.

Comment

I wish I could tune the inherited dozen or so 29” 300 spine FMJs to fly with 300 grain heads from my 60” longbow 58#@28. This thread inspires me to tinker a bit more. Theyre a bit stiff….but my form has changed since I last shot them. Tally Ho!

I think there is alot unstated about the momentum of small diameter heavyish shafts. The Killers know evidently.

Good luck MrSlayer.
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-15-2021, 10:38 PM. Reason: EvidentKillersSpake

Comment

I shot them for 6 or 7 years. They are great arrows. You can build them heavy with great FOC pretty easily. I switched to a full carbon because the FMJs would mushroom on hard impacts.

Comment

They worked fine for me when I shot my compound. Got great penetration and the shafts were quite durable. Good arrow, go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                      I shot them for 6 or 7 years. They are great arrows. You can build them heavy with great FOC pretty easily. I switched to a full carbon because the FMJs would mushroom on hard impacts.
                      I use the Easton BAR 5 broadhead adapters on all my FMJ’s and Axis arrows. So far I haven’t had any arrow tip damage. I’ve heard the half out inserts work but I haven’t tried those.

Features For use with carbon and FMJ arrows. Provides superior broadhead alignment. Protects shafts from hard impacts and blade expansion.

Comment

FMJ’s are great shafts! They are exceptionally consistent in spine, straightness, and weight. While they do bend if you hit something you are not supposed to, they do not warp. I have killed lots and lots of critters with them.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like them. I still have some I shoot now and then. When I have broken all the carnivores muddy fuzzy built I'll probably buy more FMJs. The FMJ is the only arrow Ive been able to shoot one arrow at up to 3 animals.

Comment

Do they bend? Yes.
                            Do they break? Yes.
                            Do they mushroom? Yes.

But the fact is that whatever causes any of this damage will also damage any other arrow on the market. I like my FMJ's like I like my women. Stiff and heavy.

Comment

Aren’t the HIT inserts supposed to help take care of the mushrooming ?

Comment

Working...
                              X