Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

An old friend passed away, and his wife has asked me to help her sell some of his things. This bow is one of the items. I’m a compound shooter and know absolutely nothing about a traditional bow. Can someone tell me what this is and maybe what a fair asking price would be?
    Thanks in advance.

Damon Howatt Super Diablo recurve. 50# draw weight @ 28inch draw length. Internet prices are $150-$250.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
      Damon Howatt Super Diablo recurve. 50# draw weight @ 28inch draw length. Internet prices are $150-$250.
      ^This

While that bow is most certainly a Gem, and does not get enough credit across the board of archery, it just won't bring more than that.

Unless, you can get some exposure of it to collectors. If in good shape (which it appears to be), it could bring double those amounts (or more) to a Damon Howatt enthusiast/collector.

Rick

Comment

In my opinion a long time ago the two best bows readily available were Damon Howatt and Wing. Rob and Jay are still carrying the Wing tradition of excellence .

Comment

These guys know the appropriate price better than me. But that bow is in MINT condition. If it were more suitable for my draw length I'd ask about buying it from you.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            ^This

While that bow is most certainly a Gem, and does not get enough credit across the board of archery, it just won't bring more than that.

Unless, you can get some exposure of it to collectors. If in good shape (which it appears to be), it could bring double those amounts (or more) to a Damon Howatt enthusiast/collector.

Rick
            Thanks for the info. All of his stuff is in very good shape. This is one of the worst favors I have had to do.

Where would be the best place to find one of these enthusiast/collectors?

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
              Thanks for the info. All of his stuff is in very good shape. This is one of the worst favors I have had to do.

Where would be the best place to find one of these enthusiast/collectors?
              You might ask this on Tradgang. There's probably someone who knows a collector over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                You might ask this on Tradgang. There's probably someone who knows a collector over there.
                Thanks. Will do.

Comment

Working...
                X