No announcement yet.

Federal game wardens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been checked by numerous GW's in my hunting career.
    The state guys that I've had interactions with, have always been as personable and courteous as you could hope to meet.
    The few times that I've been checked by the Feds, they were always the biggest jerks, you could ever imagine crossing paths with. Two feds blew their airboat right thru our duck decoys, when they arrived and when they left, and were about as smug and rude, as you could possibly imagine, during the entire encounter. We were completely legal, BTW. What a couple of A-holes, they were.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
      Hunted Nanny Stringfellow deer hunts a few times and there was usually a federal and a state warden onsite. There is federal land across the road that they included in the hunts. State laws applied for deer hunts but the federal guys worked their section. Not sure who would actually write a citation if there were an infraction on the federal land, but they coordinated well so no doubt about a ticket if it was "earned".
      If at Nannie Stringfellow, more than likely the refuge office. Not really a Federal Game Warden. But yes the law enforcement officer for that refuge.

Used to be Joe Ham. Never had a pleasant experience with him. Hunted several properties surrounded by Wildlife Refuge. Even went out with the guys that have the permit to run dogs on the refuge itself. Hopefully others have had more pleasant experiences with that guy.

Comment

Working...
      X