Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick build!

Comment

I will post pictures later but today I am going to be installing a Micro PowerPole, stainless prop, and snag-free push pole mounts. For the moment I am going to run the PowerPole wires over and into the dry box/cooler seat with a little battery until the power pack and charger arrives. At first the plan was to run the wires through the chase tube and connect to the starting battery but the more I thought about it the less I wanted to. Going with the pack should make for a nice, clean install and not add much weight.

Michael

Comment

Snagless push pole mounts, check. Micro PowerPole mounted, check though I will remove the wires when the rechargeable battery pack arrives. Last but certainly not least the stainless Solas prop has been installed. Now I wait for prettier weather tomorrow.

Michael

Comment

Yup, got pretty sloppy today.

Awesome rig Sir.

Comment

Just started reading your journey this morning and couldn’t put it down! Skipjack is an amazing boat and no doubt will allow you to put a lot of fish in the cooler. I’m ready to see your final numbers with that 15 and a skinny water video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clint623 View Post
              Just started reading your journey this morning and couldn’t put it down! Skipjack is an amazing boat and no doubt will allow you to put a lot of fish in the cooler. I’m ready to see your final numbers with that 15 and a skinny water video.

Thank you. Today she hit 24.2mph at WOT on the way to my redfish hole. Saw some bait popping on the way and shut her down. Oversized reds were stacked on top of each other in about 3’ of water. After boating a couple I was done.

Michael

Comment

Dang man looks great! That push pole is the icing on the cake!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  Dang man looks great! That push pole is the icing on the cake!
                  It is the cats meow for sure Now I can stalk super stealthy, thank you!

Michael

Comment

Awesome! Glad you were able to get some slime in her!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      Thank you. Today she hit 24.2mph at WOT on the way to my redfish hole. Saw some bait popping on the way and shut her down. Oversized reds were stacked on top of each other in about 3’ of water. After boating a couple I was done.

Michael

That’s a big girl sitting at 33”. 24 mph is fast enough. What does your hole shot depth looking at since you don’t have a tunnel?

Comment

Awesome times Michael! Thanks for sharing sir!

Comment

Originally posted by clint623 View Post
                          That’s a big girl sitting at 33”. 24 mph is fast enough. What does your hole shot depth looking at since you don’t have a tunnel?

I’ve went from floating to on plane in 6” of water in less than a boat length. With the design and weight of this hull a tunnel isn’t needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            I’ve went from floating to on plane in 6” of water in less than a boat length. With the design and weight of this hull a tunnel isn’t needed.

That’s impressive, especially if hard bottom!

Comment

Very nice build

Comment

Brazos Hunter, my brother has been looking at building one of these boats, what would you say the overall cost of building one is? would you recommend building one vs. buying a ready to use boat?

Comment

Working...
                                X